Transferring

<p>I am a freshman at JMU and I wanted to transfer into the corps of cadets at Virginia Tech. I am currently taking Gen Chem, Chem Lab, Calc 235, A Critical Thinking Class, Foundations of Physics, and a Freshman Seminar. My GPA at times of midterms was 3.22. I was wondering what my chances for getting in are? And what is the admission rate for transfers.</p>

<p>im looking to transfer there too, but i cant find anything about their transfer admit rate anywhere either...</p>

<p>It's not too hard to transfer in here, as long as you have a decent GPA in your college level coursework. I went to GMU my freshman year and transferred out to VT this year. </p>

<p>According to US News, in 2005 there were 2,703 applicants to transfer in. They offered admission to 1,171, 740 of which actually decided to accept. They do require HS transcript, but they don't require SAT scores if that helps any. </p>

<p>I had a 3.14 in high school (didn't completely slack off) with a couple AP's here and there, and a 3.40 my first year at Mason. I would say that since you're already at JMU you may have an edge.. I think you have a pretty good shot. Just make a good personal statement and make sure to include all your E.C.'s.</p>

<p>Good luck man.</p>

<p>I was recently speaking to the Major who does the recruiting for VT Corps of Cadets. I am trying to get one of my students there who is transfering from MMA. She advised me that they are activly looking for transfer students, and joining the Corps gives you an added advantange. Since JMU is such a great music school, if you played an instrument and would consider joining the Highty-Tightys, you get even more points. Good Luck!!!</p>