Transferring

<p>Does anybody know how easy it would be to do internal transfers within the UC System? I was accepted to both UCLA and UCSD, but I wanted to go to Berkeley. I’m thinking of going to UCSD for next year and then trying to transfer. Would this be easy?</p>

<p>go to a cc.</p>

<p>It is far easier if you do it through the cc process. Do you have any college credits?</p>

<p>i heard it's really hard.</p>

<p>counselors told me it's really easy to go to cc and then transfer to a UC.
i've also been told that a lot of ppl get lost while in cc and only about 10% actually transfer into UCs. </p>

<p>but since you got accepted into UCLA and UCSD i'm sure you'd stay on top of everything and be able to transfer junior year.</p>

<p>luckycharms,</p>

<p>if money is not a concern, i recommend going to a UC then transfering to Cal for the reason ADiTami stated about people getting lost in CC. </p>

<p>in my opinion, it's not that difficult to transfer from UC to UC as long as you: complete the GE requirement at the UC you're attending (for GE reciprocity); complete at least the pre-reqs for the major you intend to study at Cal; and keep a competitive GPA (3.6+).</p>

<p>if you don't get into Cal from UCSD, at least you'll already be at a UC and you won't have to worry about applying again.</p>

<p>fyi, i was admitted as a junior Pol Sci major transfer from UCLA to Cal for Fall 2007. i completed the majority of my UCLA GE courses, satisfied my major pre-reqs for Cal, and had a 3.69 GPA.</p>