Transferring

<p>I'm a high school senior right now and I'm not sure if I can afford VT w/o incurring a large amount of debt. So I'm thinking about attending George Mason for the first two years, then transferring to VT. Is this a good idea?/Is it difficult to transfer colleges?</p>

<p>I just got accepted as a transfer student from TCC and it couldn't have been any easier, as far as the process goes. You should check out their transfer guide which will show you what courses will transfer and what classes you need to take for your intended major, as well as contacting an adviser from the college your major is in who will help you in picking the classes you need . Also you may want to consider starting off at community college instead, save even more money plus Tech (as well as almost all other schools in VA) works hand in hand with VCCS in helping students transfer and their transfer guide is geared toward VCCS transfers.</p>

<p>The tuition for in state students at George Mason is only a few hundred dollars less a year than at Tech. I would assume the other costs would be similar as well (probably a little more needed in spending money at GMU because its in northern va). So if you could afford to go to George Mason then you could afford to go to Tech (and vice versa). If money is an issue, I would STRONGLY suggest going to Northern Virginia Community College for two years and then transferring under the guaranteed admissions plan.</p>

<p>kindaslick you pay for housing at tech, you dont at mason if you commute. thats like 4-6k saved a year. also no meal plan necessary, don't have too pay for laundry, and alot of small expenses.</p>