Transfers, Below "C" in a Course

<p>Hey guys, so I just received my Spring Semester grades yesterday and well I got a C- in Organic Chemistry and well I called Admissions to see if that would be a deciding factor in whether I get rescinded, they said it's fine, but I won't get credit for it... Does anyone know if that means I have to retake the course?</p>

<p>What is your intended major?</p>

<p>I will be a biology major going into UMiami.</p>

<p>Then yes you’d need to take it again as you need one semester of Orgo. I took Orgo (a long time ago) and know many that have struggled with it. It’s the kind of course you should get a tutor in. There are tricks and memorization tools that tutors can help with.
Here is the chemistry degree requirement for BS in Biology:
“One year of intro chemistry (111-112) with laboratory (113-114) (first year) one
semester of organic chemistry with laboratory (201/205) (second year).” </p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>@Biocellar, I’ve already taken Organic Chemistry I though, this is Organic Chemistry II, but yeah I understand you, my professor teaches kind of weird, he writes all his notes as he goes along and sometimes he forgets to address one thing in one class or another in the other class, also sometimes he actually messes up writing a structure. He’s kind of old…, his exams are pretty difficult too, the curve is so big in my class because so many people don’t do well on his exams haha. So, does that mean I’m in the clear for Biology since I’ve already taken Organic Chemistry I?</p>

<p>I would think so !</p>

<p>@Biocellar, Alright thank you for all your help, although I already put my deposit in, I was about to take UMiami off my list because I didn’t think having to retake Orgo II was a good idea since my other schools I applied to deposits are not due until June 1st and I believe they will accept my C-, anyway now it’s back on my list! Hard decisions! :frowning: The issue of cost is still weighing on me too, been trying to apply for every out of school scholarship there is. @_@</p>