Transfers Between UC's

<p>is there any set guideline to transfer between UC’s? i.e., 3.5 gpa for 2 years = transfer from any UC to any other UC? or must u simply reapply and hope u get in?</p>

<p>This is from this site: <a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/transfer/tr_inter_camp.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/transfer/tr_inter_camp.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
Intercampus Transfers</p>

<p>After you enroll at a UC campus, it may be possible for you to transfer to another UC campus. Applications for intercampus transfer are considered in light of the applicant’s personal circumstances and the availability of space in the prospective major. Students who want to transfer from one UC campus to another must submit an application for undergraduate admission during the appropriate filing period. Some campuses do not accept intercampus transfers who have completed more than 120 quarter (80 semester) units. Students who satisfy the lower division general education/breadth requirements at a UC campus prior to transferring to another UC campus are considered to have satisfied the lower division general education breadth requirements at the UC campus to which they transfer. At UCR, this option is not available to students transferring to The Bourns College of Engineering. At UCSD, transfer reciprocity is available to students transferring to Warren, Marshall, Muir and Sixth colleges. Students who select Revelle or Eleanor Roosevelt college must satisfy the general education requirements of that college.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I'm not totally sure, but i've heard that transferring form UC to UC is not easily done.</p>

<p>The easiest wau to get into a specific UC is if you go through a California Community college.</p>

<p>CCC students have first priority definitely.</p>

<p>A 3.5 will most likely get you into a UC not in the city of LA or berkeley. Getting a 3.5 in a CC is much easier than getting a 3.5 at a UC.</p>

<p>I didn't ecounter any problems when I applied as a transfer student from UCLA to UCB last fall. I had: a 3.69 UCLA GPA, 108 quarter units; didn't complete the UC reciprocity and the 2nd half of the English requirement; only completed the pre-reqs for my UCB major; completed the majority of my GE's; and was admitted for Fall 06.</p>

<p>^Interesting. So were the two years at UCLA horrible? What's your major btw?</p>

<p>I'm planning on doing this from UC Davis Computer Science Engineering to Berkeley Computer Science (L&S).</p>

<p>My UCD GPA is 3.93 currently.</p>

<p>From what SFS Rules said, transferring between UCs doesn't seem to be as hard as many people on this forum say it is.</p>

<p>ekn111</p>

<p>the two years at UCLA was fantastic. i enjoyed every bit of it, unfortunately it wasn't my dream school. i was a political science major at UCLA and my major would have been the same at Cal, but i decided to transfer to Georgetown University, my dream school. i'm loving it here in DC.</p>

<p>davisengineer</p>

<p>if you've completed your GE requirements for reciprocity and the CS pre-reqs, i think you've got a great shot at Cal unless i was an anomoly.</p>

<p>Oh wow SFS Rules. That's awesome for you considering Georgetown is a fantastic school for poli sci.</p>

<p>thanks ekn111</p>

<p>i just wanted to let some folks realize that it is possible and within reason to transfer btwn UCs and even to other competitive schools with unspectacular stats.</p>

<p>when u apply for the transfer, do they still look at all your high school stuff? classes, gpa, SAT scores, EC's, etc?</p>

<p>UC's don't look at high school stat's I'm not sure about other schools though.</p>

HI SFS Rules, would you please share your source of info of where and how to start looking at transferring from uc to uc? Thanks a lot!

All UC to UC transfers are individually evaluated. If you look at the Transfer by Year tab and select the UC radio button, you’ll see more than 500 students make a move each year. you can see how many made a move from UCA to UCZ. The Transfer GPA tab will tell you what their GPA was…

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/admissions-source-school