Transfers spring 2016

I’m a freshman at Syracuse and I’m trying to transfer to Miami for the spring semester. I just applied and sent all my materials this past week, Miami says the deadline AND start of notification is November 1, has anyone applied before or know how the process works? I just want to know when people typically start hearing back and if it is based on when you applied. Is anyone else applying for spring 2016?

Hello!! I am applying to UM for this spring as well. I still haven’t submitted my common app but I have sent all of my required papers in. I think they are going to let us know in the middle of November. It said regular admission instead of rolling admission so I doubt we will hear back before November 1st since that’s the priority deadline. Just wondering did you submit the optional essay?

I applied to Miami as a history major. what are you guys going for?

Hiii I’m applying for Economics and Marketing! Are you guys planning on living on campus?

It depends on housing options. I will live off campus if it is a better option.

did anyone hear back yet??

I was accepted today!

me too!!! yay!!!

I already got all my stuff in on 10/20 but my LOR wasn’t received until 10/31. Does anyone know how if this will affect my chances? I’m applying to the Biochemistry program.

Stats (Miami Dade College):

Chemistry Major
3.7 GPA
70+ credits

EC’s:

Volunteering at hospital (about 500 hours)
Shadowing (about 40 hours)
Phi Theta Kappa member
Research Experience (200+ hours)

The only negative to my application is that I have a good amount of W’s (about 8, working on getting rid of them) due to personal reasons.

How did they notify you? Via CaneLink or did you have to look into your personal email?

My understanding is that its through CaneLink

They let me know through the Cane link! So keep checking! :slight_smile:

how long did it take for you guys to find out that you were accepted

Submitted application October 23rd and got accepted November 2nd.

Congrats chestro22, hopefully if they take the same amount of time on me I should hear back this week.

Thank you! Yes, just keep checking canelink!

Hey does anyone know where on canelink you check to see if you have been accepted or not? Is it just under application statues?

I was accepted. Does anyone know when we’re supposed to receive financial aid information?

When did they let you know on canelink, today?

How did the school notify you? @10dlp