Transfers

<p>Just wondering if any transfers got their decision yet, and if so when did you apply. Thanks.</p>

<p>matter of fact that was a dumb question, but how long did it take to get your pin to check your status?</p>

<p>I got accepted last friday, I applied for early decision in early january. If you just applied for the regular application deadline, you shouldn't find out until around May 1st. As far as the PIN I got it about a week and a half after I applied.</p>

<p>hey msc261 did u apply as a transfer student and if you did would you mind telling us what your stats were? because ive applied back in january as well and still wating for the acceptance. thanks.!</p>

<p>Yah I applied as a transfer for wildlife science, my GPA at TCC is 3.81 with all A's in my sciences and math except for the B in calc w/analytic geom. Did you apply for ED and have everything sent in by Jan 15th?</p>

<p>Hey MSC thanks for the response. I did just apply so I guess I better sit back and wait. I am coming form TNCC, 3.64 GPA, trying to get into the business school so heres hoping. I hope the 3.64 is good enough</p>

<p>I honestly don't know. Tech says a competitive transfer GPA is 3.0 but list business as one of their majors that may require a higher GPA, but I can't imagine anything above a 3.5 being rejected provided they have the space for you. Good luck.</p>

<p>yea i sent mine back in jan 9th... maybe because my GPA is way lower than what you guys have... i have 3.3(from NVCC) and applied as landscape architect... well thanks for the quick response!</p>

<p>Hey Sang 3.3 is still a very very good GPA. Keep me posted. I hope you get in! I will try to KIT when the letters start rolling out, good luck guys!!!</p>

<p>Sang if it makes you feel better I am sweating it too!!</p>

<p>I applied mid january under the "early notification for virginia community colleges transfer" program and the latest they are supposed to let you know would be this coming sunday (March 1st!!!)</p>

<p>I'm still awaiting my reply as well =/</p>

<p>I applied under their Psychology program with a 3.286 gpa.
I went by their core curriculum and updated admissions with any classes that i thought about taking before i signed up...so hopefully i will hear good news on sunday!!!</p>

<p>Waiting, Yah they said wait till the first for me as well, so I was quite surprised to see I was accepted last friday. I dont know why I was notified earlier, someone said its because I was eligible for honors but haven't heard anything from Tech about that.</p>

<p>If you did what Tech required for transfer then I imagine the only thing that can prevent you from being accepted is if they just don't have space for you. From what both Tech and TCC have told me (at least for my major) is if you have at least a 3.0 and followed their transfer curriculum your chances are pretty good. Good luck.</p>

<p>Yeah basically i conferred with admissions about what courses I should take and what not. Also I am in honors Psych and I figure that should be a helper in their choice, hopefully showing that I am serious about my intended major.</p>

<p>Waiting good luck man. I just got my pin and what not today. They have all my docs, minus my final transcript which will actually come after the summer since I am taking some classes this summer. One after Spring and one after summer is probably more appropriate.
Anyway keep us up to date on your progress</p>

<p>anyone with the early notification yet?</p>

<p>i haven't heard anything yet...and it's march 2nd :(</p>

<p>i just got in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>Congratulations, waitingaround8, that's great!</p>

<p>waiting around congrats brother!!!</p>

<p>I sent in my application to Tech in late December and got all of my transcripts in before Feb 15th. Still haven't heard anything... so I guess I'm waiting until May 1st. I'm a student in Radford University as well as their Honors Academy, and so far I have a 4.0. Needless to say I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard anything, but maybe it's because my major is Communications.</p>