Transition to IB from AP

<p>Hi ya'll. I'm a sophomore at a high school that only offers AP courses. I'm moving, and next year I'll be attending a high school that only offers IB courses. I know absolutely nothing about the difficulty of IB program. I'd really appreciate it if I could get some advice an IB course load that is hard, but not impossible. I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA, got a 217 on the PSAT w/o studying, and took these courses this year:</p>

<p>Pre-calculus GT
Band
Spanish 3 Honors
Biology AP
Computer Science AP
US Government and Politics AP
English 10 GT</p>

<p>I took these courses while playing a sport for 2 seasons, volunteering ~10 hours a month, tutoring someone in computer science, and being a really involved member of 2 clubs.<br>
Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>It would really really be helpful if you looked up everything the IB Programme entails first. And we have no idea what you’re interested subject and future-wise. Some of these classes will be taken for the next 2 years and you’re going to have to continue volunteering and keep up with your extra curricular activities plus all the IB work…it’s a lot of time and work. You are going to want to choose subjects that you will enjoy because otherwise you’re going to have a bad time. It’s not that it’s the hardest classes ever (AP), instead it’s college preparation so that means lots and lots of essays weekly and big papers every semester.</p>

<p>Get more informed and narrow down or/and specify your questions so we can answer them.
Know how AP is different from IB.
Know that keeping a 4.0 is very very very pretty impossible to keep in IB. I know only of one person, but he makes a majority of CC’s look only slighty above average which tells you something.
Learn time management and your limits.
HAVE A PLANNER!
And IB is mostly about analysis and what does this mean versus here is your knowledge and prove it…if that makes sense.</p>

<p>Hope I helped.</p>