Transportation to Miami Airport

<p>Does anyone know how to get to the airport besides an expensive cab? My D is leaving before the school shuttles are running. I think I saw mention of a bus?</p>

<p>UM’s airport shuttle is $10… she should have gotten an e-mail about it. If she didn’t, I can post the information here. I know the metro rail is working on an extension (which won’t be complete until 2012… go figure) that will go directly to the airport. You can, though, take the metro rail north and connect with the tri-rail, and take that south to the airport. The Metro is $2, and the tri rail is $2.50 for the one way ticket. Then you connect on a bus to the airport… which is probably a dollar or two. Could be a fun way to explore miami :)</p>

<p>The Super Shuttle that is run through the airport is $18. You can also take the metrorail to a bus that goes straight to the airport, I did that once and it wasn’t too bad, but it was just for a weekend trip so I only had a small suitcase. Would probably be a huge pain with a lot of luggage. Super Shuttle would be her best bet.</p>

<p>Is the Super Shuttle the one run by the school? She did get an email but is leaving this friday morning ( all here finals were early) and the school shuttle is next week. If Super Shuttle is different , do you have a link? Thanks.</p>

<p>Here’s the link. My S has used this service without any problems.</p>

<p>[SUPERSHUTTLE</a> - Airport Shuttle | Airport Transfer | LAX SFO DEN PHX DFW TPA JFK BWI IAD SAN DCA SMF MCI IAH LGA MSP EWR AUS SNA HOU BUR DAL OAK BNA ONT LGB RDU SJC AZA ISP PTP PIE CDG ORY BVA Airports](<a href=“SuperShuttle Miami, MIA Book Black Car & SUV”>SuperShuttle Miami, MIA Book Black Car & SUV)</p>

<p>Thank you so much!</p>

<p>My D used Super Shuttle this morning and it was great! They picked her up right at Hecht, were precisely on time, and took her directly to the airport. She had her own private shuttle! I can now highly recommend them.</p>

<p>Great, enjoy having her home!</p>