Transportation

<p>Does anyone know any good car dealerships in the Coral Gables area or the greater Miami Dade Metro area?
im thinking bout getting a car in January after I examine the parking scene. </p>

<p>Also is it really necessary to use the shuttles on campus? im not familiar with the campus size (have not visited) but do most use the shutttles or they walk?</p>

<p>Also on Game Day (super psyched about that) how do u get to the Bowl? I know theres a metro rail but that involves walking from UM Jackson Memorial Hospital all the way to the OB... are there any school shuttles that take u there?</p>

<p>I don't have info about car dealers, but I can help with the rest.</p>

<p>The campus is easily walkable. The only times my S uses the shuttle is in extreme rain or heat if he has to cross the entire campus. The year he lived in the towers, he hardly ever used it.</p>

<p>To get to the games, kids take the metro from the front of the school (University stop). When you get off (I forget which stop it is, they will tell you), there are UM buses waiting to take everyone to the OB. After the games, the buses are waiting for the reverse trip. Metro and buses are provided free of charge to students. On game days, there is a sea of orange and green heading to the metro stop by the school. Games are a lot of fun.</p>

<p>I didn't realize you haven't toured the campus. It will be very exciting when you get there!</p>

<p>is it worth getting a bike for:</p>

<ul>
<li>riding in the immediate area off campus (coral gables)</li>
<li>On campus (getting from point A to point B)</li>
</ul>

<p>i have a bike but from waht i heard its not worth bringing, truthfully the campus is pretty small and i dont really think there is a need for a bike as anywhere u want to get off campus its probably better to just get a ride from someone (drivers around the campus are not always the nicest).</p>