Travel to Auburn

Can anyone share tips re: air travel to Auburn and surrounding airport options? Any favorite hotels? Thank you.

the closest airport would be Montgomary AL. But the Atlanta Airport is about 1 1/2 hours away. (I know this because I drive by Auburn from Atlanta on the way to the beach). Those that attend Auburn can answer better

1 Like

We stayed at a not-great Wyndham hotel on Rt. 29 about 2 miles South of the University but on the drive in there was a LOT of lodging along that road (and in general). Depending on where you’re coming from Atlanta is likely to have the broadest options for you but like @sdl0625 said, Montgomery AL is technically closer.

Marriott Opelika is nice with a great outdoor area for dining when it’s warm.

Anywhere from East Chase Montgomery to small towns on I 85 from Atlanta will work. There’s also hotels in Opelika right off I 85 like a Courtyard Marriott.

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport is off I-85 and Auburn is off I-85 one and half hours south - easy peasy drive. If you don’t mind paying more, the Auburn Hotel and Conference Center across from the campus is lovely, nice cafe and nice restaurant…good covered parking. Nice but pricey. There are a lot of standard business hotels around as well that are good, I’d check Trip Advisor to see a more current review on some of them.

We flew into Birmingham, since we were visiting Auburn and Bama on the same weekend. We stayed at the Towne Place Suites by Marriott just south of campus. It was convenient, relatively new and had a kitchen. There is a Starbucks next to it that was better than hotel coffee. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We loved the Collegiate Hotel (CoHo). It’s a former dormitory that has been transformed into a small boutique hotel of about forty rooms. The owners are amazing and go out of their way for you. Fresh baked cookies at check in, cool rooftop bar overlooking the campus, complimentary golf cart tours of campus and large very comfortable rooms. Really unique experience and lots of Southern charm .

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29006-d14773941-Reviews-The_Collegiate_Hotel-Auburn_Alabama.html

1 Like

For those who are flying in, dont forget there is a Groome Transportation shuttle that will drop off on campus from the airport. You need to make reservations.
There is a new luxury hotel, The Laurel adjacent downtown and campus. We enjoy the Marriott resort at Grand National and that is about a 15 minute drive - but is a big resort with lots to do (golf/spa/activities) if you are staying a few days.

1 Like