Travel to Campus

My son needs to get from the Denver airport to CC on Friday. He lands late morning. Anyone on here ever use Uber or Lyft to get from Denver to CC? How hard is it to get a car? Are shared taxis a possible alternative? The shuttle bus will take too long. He’s hoping to make it to campus in two hours (or less), and he’s scheduled to land in between shuttle buses, making that trip too long.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Unfortunately it is 85 miles from DIA to CC. A shuttle bus is really the only sane option. For the money it would take for a cab or Uber, he probably could have flown into Colorado Springs.

Surprisingly, I couldn’t book a direct flight to CS from NY when he needed to travel. Between the layover in Denver and the extra cost, it was faster and no more expensive to take the $200 cab since only flying one way.Have you ever used Front Range shuttle? Their times are better, but their website is a bit strange.

Try to book flights from NY/Newark, through Chicago Midway or Chicago OHare to fly directly to Co Springs. Its not the best idea to bus it from Denver to C Springs I would say, but in a pinch it will work. If he attends CC, I would book flights to Colorado Springs to save TIME. Its really going to be a pain to bus it from DIA to Colorado College. We do have great public transportation in Denver and Boulder but not in Colorado Springs so much, still a great city though. Good luck.

Thanks so much for the advice. He just got back and likes CC, so this may be a regular trip. He ended up doing the frontrange shuttle to campus (times worked out better than the Colorado Springs shuttle), and shared an Uber on the way back. It worked out fine. We booked the flight rather late, so it ended up being faster and cheaper this way. We’ll see what the options are next time with more notice. Thanks again.