Travel to FSU from NJ

hi, trying to figure out best way to get to FSU from NJ. just a quick airline search looked like $800 & up from Newark to Tallahassee on Jet Blue??? Yikes. If anyone knows other airlines or other airports (we could go from JFK, LGA or PHL too). Any other advice would be helpful as well, thank you.

On short notice that’s probably a fair price. Flight costs have gone up significantly the past year.

You’ll most likely go through Atlanta or possibly Charlotte. It looks like there’s a direct from DC.

Some kids fly into Jacksonville or Orlando and hitch a ride or take a bus.

American Airlines through Charlotte the week of August 15th is around $300 one way.

I don’t believe that you can get a direct flight to Tallahassee from the NY metro area. You can fly American via Charlotte or Reagan/DC or Delta via Atlanta. I would check a travel website to see what is cheapest on your dates. You could also fly to Jacksonville and rent a car.

Travel dates, days of the week, off-hours flight, etc. can all make a huge difference.

My daughter pays $160/roundtrip between NYC and another Eastern major city - yet, we paid $600 (because of the days, the length of stay, and the hours we wanted)…

Is this for now or regularly in school ? U could go to Jax, Panama City (southwest)
, or Atlanta and rent a car if now. If during school, I’m sure there’s a ride board. You could catch a lift.

JAX is not that close to FSU (2.5 hours), and JAX is not that big of an airport so often fares are higher.

As my friend from GA would say “All roads lead to Atlanta.”

Again it depends. I fly to jax and I go to Thassee for work. I also fly from PCB (ECP) . Southwest goes to both.

Is this for flying home at breaks ? Or one time for a trip.

One can also fly to Thassee directly which I once did.