travel to Purdue from out of state

<p>I'm from New Jersey. What airport would you fly into to get to Purdue? How far is the airport fomr the West Lafayette campus? Are there other options to get back to New Jersey during breaks besides flying or driving yourself (I won't have a car)?</p>

<p>We are from CT and flew into Indianapolis when we visited campus. It’s about 1 hour and 15 from the airport to Purdue. There are shuttle services that run between the airport and Purdue. There are also shuttle services between Chicago and Purdue but I believe the drive is around 2 hours.</p>

<p>Lots of people fly and take the shuttle. Also, instead of flying there are greyhound and Amtrak stations just across the river in lafayette.</p>

<p>Your best bet is to fly into Indianapolis and take Lafayette Limo or another shuttle up to campus. It’s a pretty smooth operation and they run lots of shuttles. For breaks, you are probably going to want to fly back and forth so better figure that into your budget. I know that I underestimated how much we would be spending on transportation when my son ended up attending a college out of state.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your feedback. We visited the campus last Thursday. Drove straight through from New Jersey. A solid 13 hours with very aggressive driving and mimimal stopping. Makes you realize how far away it is when you drive. My son really liked the campus and we love that the school is so highly rated for engineering, but we have second thoughts about sendimg him so far away, and the added travel costs. He got into Stevens in NJ, Drexel in PA and Rutgers in NJ for Engineering also. Wait-listed at RPI. Still waiting to hear from Viginia Tech, and the Fordam/Columbia 3-2 Engineering Program.</p>

<p>Will be visiting Purdue for a day and a half in mid-April. I was wondering if I need to add an extra day to see more. Is one and a half days enough to see the campus and get a good feel?</p>