Trinity (Honors) vs UVM (LASP) vs GW (Honors) vs American (Honors)

Majoring in Neuroscience- final decisions between Trinity -Honors- Hartford (good aid, but concerned about student vibe), UVM LASP program- honors wait list, GW honors and American Honors. I have some health concerns (Pots) that I navigated well in hs but need a school that will work w me

1 Like

How are all of these for accessibility to home? Is there one that gives you a better vibe than others?

dc is furthest-6 hour drive - Hartford 1.5hr and Burlington 4.5; Loved both Uvm and Trinity in terms of campus. Heading to DC this week I am most concerned about the social scene at Trinity - it is a small school -I went to a public hs of about 1700 and Trinity is 2400. My high school vibe was diverse, find your fit but most groups got along- While I blend w lots of groups, I don’t really see myself as a frat guy- Im pretty liberal - want to make sure I have a social life if not in a frat…

1 Like

That makes sense. Give us an update once you are back from the D.C. schools. All of these are quality schools, and when that is the case, you can safely go on your gut about what is the best fit socially or has best accommodations. Does your POTS make you miss school ever?

1 Like

Yes- Absences come with the territory when having a flare and after Ivig infusions , but my teachers have been great about extra time and I’m a solid Ap honors student- need a college that will support in the same way

1 Like

Have you talked to the accessibility offices at each school? Perhaps see if they can connect you with any other students who are willing to speak with you about the supports from the university community at large?

1 Like

I have made contact w each schools accessibility office, but not with students - Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.