Trinity University ED/EA Class of 2027

Are you sure? I called admissions last week and they told me they were still deciding.

It’s on my child’s portal. Did you have your child check? My child’s portal says an update was made to admissions status last week. When you click on it, it takes you to the decision letter.

I am not positive but I believe you can join, ask to join and see what they say.

D23 is back from Tiger Day and loved Trinity. Definitely moving into first place. Waiting to hear about one more scholarship from another school and Baker Duncan from Trinity and then she will need to make a decision. Trinity is tight financially for us so we’re hoping Baker Duncan comes through and she can make the decision more easily.

1 Like

S23 received his acceptance (with Tiger Award!) yesterday. We were pretty shocked because he’d been deferred from EA and we’re assuming that was the end of the story.

With the Tiger Award, it looks like total COA is about $53k. Does that seem right? Are there any other non-loan ways to get that down, that you know of? (I will ask this during one of the financial aid call-in sessions next week.)

One big hesitation is that you have to maintain a 3.5 GPA to keep your scholarship, so if he makes one B, it’s game over.

Congrats! The wording on the scholarships is weird but the 3.5 is what they expect an applicant would have in high school. They only require a 2.0 to keep it :slight_smile:

The scholarship amounts are all different but they are having a few phone calls to go over financial options. The first is next week I believe.

1 Like

Oh! Good looking out!

I’m very paranoid about the GPA for merit scholarships. There seems to be a big range so I always check!

1 Like

Still waiting on any news about Baker-Duncan but D23 is planning on putting a deposit down for Trinity this week! So happy for her!

4 Likes

…so happy for you! My daughter is a Freshman, and is thriving at Trinity. We love it!!