Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP) including Study Abroad Info

I am also currently in my writing class this spring, but my school is on a semester system. Do you think I should also email my AO? I don’t have an official report to share since I am still in the course, but I could fill him in on my progress.

Help! How does financial aid come to play? Will they discuss during the meeting in May? Do we get any kind of idea if student accepts the TTP how much aid they’ll get? I mean, if we know up front and it’s not a lot, then Kids can choose a 4 year instead of CC the first year.

You have to reapply for financial aid as part of the admissions process the following year. Lots of hoops – Common App Transfer application (includes a why transfer essay), USC supplemental essays, financial aid docs, etc.

You essentially have to undertake the entire process again so make sure it’s something you want.

1 Like

Do you think that the two to three semesters wording indicates that now with TTP students could apply during fall 2021 and be accepted for spring 2022? Thanks for your opinion on this.

@CADREAMIN and others - thank you for all the amazing guidance and responses here. It’s helpful to read all these comments and feedback given all the anxiety with this process. My son got into Univ of Washington and also was offered TTP (USC)? He is debating btw the two, he is excited about UW but also excited about the prospect of going aboard for a year. Any advice here? How should we think about the pros and cons?

I caught that to, and yes I do think thats what that could mean. Definitely a question to ask the TTP admissions officer. I also wondered if it could mean some students may not complete the required 30 units in just two semesters? I am mining for information too, so if anyone has recommendations of other CC forums or FB pages (already joined the TTP Parents FB group) etc… please recommend! The more information, the better!

1 Like

I thought two semesters are equivalent of a whole year in college, so you would have to do an entire year then apply as a transfer for fall 2022.

I’m confused about the timing. I’m interested in study abroad, but if you have to commit by May first to a school and the meeting is in early May. Then how would you even be able to select study abroad, and explore that option without giving up the chance to commit to a school? Also do they offer financial assistance with study abroad?

1 Like

Also if anyone else got this invitation and is probs going to go through with it follow me on insta: @julljims and reach out :slight_smile: would love to see what other people are planning to do.

1 Like

My son applied to the CSBA program in Viterbi and was offered the TTP. I know there are sample transfer student course suggestions on the Viterbi website and that is what they probably advise a prospective student to follow. He is dual enrolled in CC this year and has followed the USC/UC programs for CS majors. I believe he will exceed the required GPA, but I’m concerned that they have no obligation to admit him even given how impacted CS programs are at every school. Does anyone have experience with this?

I should add that my older son was initially accepted into CSBA a few years ago but switched to regular CS and graduated in 3 years when COVID hit. So I am a bit familiar with the programs. Also, I am an alum and have ties to the university.

Hey guys I’ve been looking for TTP gc’s and I haven’t seen any yet so follow me on insta @ peytonmessner if you’re considering! I wanna start meeting/talking to other people who are considering :slight_smile:

1 Like

They say acceptance is nearly guranteed, but not 100%. So even if you have a 3.9 - 4.0 GPA, could you stil get rejected, cause that honestly sounds like overkill if you could get rejected with those GPA’s, unless you get like discplinary action or something along those lines.

As a parent of a current TTP student and based on my research last year, if you meet the GPA requirements while enrolled in transferable courses (i.e., the required prerequisites and GE’s) while staying out of trouble, you are in. Maybe not your first choice major, but you gain admission to USC.

1 Like

I think that is the real issue. Some kids are undecided or don’t feel strongly about a particular major. If my son jumped through these hoops did not get admitted to Viterbi it would be similar to not being admitted.

Some students may opt to do 12 units a term, and not do a winter or summer term, hence, leading to 3 semesters of JUCO or a 4 year university.

By the way, I was also just offered this, and plan on using it.

Can someone please confirm this is rthe TTIP message?

Were these students doing the AUP program? I’m hearing that’s the best for guaranteed admission. is this true?

Yes definitely.

1 Like

It is.