Trying to choose--geneseo or marist?!

<p>I am completely torn between Marist College or SUNY Geneseo and its coming down my last few days to be able to decide. I am from Long Island and will be going in as a communications major at either school. I'll separate my arguments for both schools:
Marist is more well known for communications. Its campus is extremely beautiful and after living on Long Island, i love that it is right on the water. Private schools tend to have more amenities like newer buildings and things that publics sometimes have to cut out due to state budgets. Also, Marist's location about an hour outside of NYC will be great for internships and possible job opporutnities in the future.</p>

<p>Geneseo feels like home, which is the major reason why i feel a pull towards the school. My sister goes there now, and next year will be her last year. She absolutely loves it and has made so many great friends and memories there. I spent a few days on campus recently and everyone was so nice, even when i wasnt with my sister. The campus is naturally beautiful, with one of the most gorgeous sunsets in the nation. Also, Geneseo is known as the "public Ivy" and is really difficult to get into, which really appeals to me as someone who is very focused academically. </p>

<p>Mostly I feel that I will be happier with Geneseo campus life, since Marist is known as a party school or bar school and I am not someone who would be partying every night. I have worked really hard in school and dont want to throw it away by spending the next 4 years drunk and in debt for going to a private school. However, Marist is known for communications, where Geneseo is not, and may be able to get me farther in that field.</p>

<p>Anyone from Marist, Geneseo or anywhere: your advice is much appreciated! This decision is so difficult</p>

<p>Lots of friends go to both and love both.</p>

<p>It sounds like you have already made the right choice, Geneseo. Academically, you can’t compare the two. Get into the right school and the rest will fall into place for you. Good luck.</p>

<p>Communications is a BS major anyway, so go to public school & save money.</p>