Trying to get into the university of Miami. What are my chances?

Ok so my freshman and sophomore year, I was going through some things at home and with both years gave me a 2.7 gpa. I’m in my junior year in my second quarter and have a 3.0 weighted gpa (guidance counselor said I can get it up to a 3.6 by the end of the second quarter since I’m taking honors classes) and a 2.9 unweighted gpa. I finished 16.5 credits already and my PSAT score was a 1200. I’m also retaking two classes I got D’s in and taking two more electives (Which my guidance counselor said would disregard two C’s on my GPA since they take the highest elective grades and I have enough already). I’m trying really hard to get into the University of Miami, I’ve even been getting straight A’s. Would I be able to get in? What could I do to raise my GPA? I’d honestly do anything possible.

Get your UW up to a 3.1 and apply early action and early decision to increase your chances.

***or

Definitely need to get those grades up and have strong standardized testing, but not impossible. Going ED would really help you, and make sure you address somewhere in your app what you were going through. Showing improvement throughout highschool/overcoming something really hard can help on the application. It’s a good way to show them you’ve grown up.