Tufts Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Applying to Tufts in 2022? Here’s the thread for you to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How do your application stats compare to the students accepted last year? Check out the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Tufts 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 84%
Admissions Test Policy Submitting test scores is optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 59%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 41%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. Click Edit in the lower right corner to add info or make changes.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Tufts, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

1 Like

hi!! i’ve finished my tufts RD application and i was curious if anyone had any input on if i should submit my SAT scores before i submit. i have a super score of 1470, 710 reading and 760 math (1440 single sitting – 710 reading 730 math). the score is in the average but with test optional policies my worry is that my score will be measured against mostly 1500+ scores, since those are the most compelling to submit. compared to the rest of my application, my SAT is a weaker part of it, but still a strong score nonetheless.

I would submit - make sure your app really speaks to “why Tufts”. They really look for fit.

1 Like

Chance DD 22Tufts RD.
DD22 applied RD to Tufts. White .
1540 SAT( 790 math 750 English), gpa 4.0 unweighted, 4.46 wt , 8 APs 4/5 s ( chem, bio, calc AB, BC, lit , English , history , stats ) . Intro to Psych class during summer at community College. President of NHC and science NHC at school , ham radio license , Harvard book club recipient , French language state competition . Private school, does not rank , but she is in the top 3 by GPA, class of 200. Strong letters of recommendations we think ))).
Multiple clubs , addiction clinic internship and volunteering hours . Published research paper in scientific journal , high school edition - faculty reviewed . Interested major bio psychology.
No need based aid requested. We do leave in New England , but not in MA.
So far accepted to 3 “ safety schools “ , all honors programs .

Does everyone else have the “no scores to report” on the PDF of their Common App? I know some schools choose to suppress this but I wanted to double check that this is the case for Tufts before I submit.

Yes, Tufts suppresses test scores in the pdf.

1 Like

Does anybody got an interview from Tufts alumni yet ?
thank you

2 Likes

you have a lot of time - Tufts was on Holiday break.

Yes, my daughter did receive interview request, it arrived the week of Christmas.

1 Like

they come at different times. So don’t worry if you don’t see one as soon as others. It depends on who’s available in your local area. some don’t come at all.

1 Like

thank you ! good luck to your daughter, )).

thank you !

good luck!

Thanks much!! Good luck to all the kids!

My daughter’s interview is next week! Very exciting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck to your daughter!!

2 Likes

Tufts announced 12% increase in applications this year!

2 Likes

NEU supposedly, had 31% increase in applications this year.
So I guess 12 % is not bad …))

@norik95, I think you mean 21% for NEU. And yes, I guess 12% is not as bad but put in the context of last year acceptance rate and we are talking lower than 11% acceptance rate for this year.

1 Like