Tufts Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Tufts University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for Tufts is November 1.

(Source)

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 15.

For more information visit the Tufts University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Tufts applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Tufts University? Why Tufts? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Tufts topics visit the tufts-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Tufts Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

are you sure - this does not seem accurate

according to website
Early Decision I November 1

Early Decision II January 4

Son loves tufts and wants to apply ED. Has a 1480 SAT and UW GPA of 3.85. Should he report his scores?

Absolutely report your score. His score is above the average.

we should find out in three weeks! So nervous!

1 Like

I’m not ready :sob:

The wait is killer.

im dying. 2 more weeks. I am freaking myself out

2 Likes

can we creat a ig or whatsapp group for tufts ed1 applicants

1 Like

facts tho

1 Like

Results are coming out Dec 14 @ 7. Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Good luck to all!

5 Likes

Hello guys, just got deferred from Tufts. Can anyone give me any tips I can do to increase my chances of getting in? I have read that Tufts deferred piles are very low but does anyone know any statistics like that? How many people are deferred every year and the percent do they accept from the deferred pile? Best of luck to all!!

Hey - I was in your shoes 2 years ago - and I’m a soph at Tufts!

First write a letter of continued interest. (asap)

After the holiday break - send an updated letter of any accomplishments, awards or improved grades. ( usually a month before next round of decisions)

Get an additional letter of recommendation - to offer a different perspective.

From what I hear they don’t defer or waitlist a ton - so I think you have a shot.

I didn’t hear back until May 6th (waitlist) It was a long road - so hang in and most importantly keep your options open. I committed to another school when Tufts finally called.

Good luck - I’m sure you are a legit candidate or you would have been denied.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I have heard to not write a letter of continued interest too quickly because that may seem like I rushed the letter and in addition, they don’t read my application till regular decision polls. For an additional letter of recommendation, who do you recommend? I have already done one science teacher and one history teacher.

Also, for sending in an updated letter of improved grades, do I still send them in even though I am required to send my first semester grades?

Thank you for all your information and positive midset. You don’t know how much you helped and the amount of hope you just gave me. Much luck!!

S was accepted. A week ago (same day Tufts announced results were going to come today), he got an email from FA asking for additional information. (Just to add to the FA/admissions correlation dialog.)

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I have heard to not write a letter of continued interest too quickly because that may seem like I rushed the letter and in addition, they don’t read my application till regular decision polls.
*** The LOC is a brief letter just letting them know you are still interested - I wrote mine ASAP. You follow up with a more detailed letter of accomplishments as you get closer to decisions.

For an additional letter of recommendation, who do you recommend? I have already done one science teacher and one history teacher.
*** I had two teachers, then my additional was from my music teacher - who I then did volunteer work with. Also, my dean of students who I did volunteer worked with and was also my martial arts coach. So anyone who will show you in a different light - music, sports, clergy, volunteer etc.

Also, for sending in an updated letter of improved grades, do I still send them in even though I am required to send my first semester grades?
** A nice letter re-affirming your interest, update new awards or accomplishments then mention how you have maintained strong grades while also accomplishing xyz etc …

FINALLy - end off that you will definitely accept their offer of admissions as Tufts is your clear number one choice.

I did all of these things and it worked - now obviously no guarantees - but give it your all while still keeping your mind open to all the other amazing schools you will likely hear from.

Thank you for all your information and positive midset. You don’t know how much you helped and the amount of hope you just gave me. Much luck!!

Does anyone have any idea how many ED1 applications were submitted? I don’t think Tufts has made any formal announcement about that.

It is my understanding that Tufts never publishes its ED numbers

1 Like