Tuition for online course

<p>My DD is considering taking an online course in her upper level nutrition classes next summer when she is home from school. I noticed the tuition for distance learners is about a third of the cost of undergraduate tuition for online classes. (This seems to be due to the fact that distance learners don’t have access to meal plans for facilities which she would not need since she would be home in NY). Does anyone know the cost? I’m confused.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure she would pay the regular OOS undergraduate rate whether she was on campus for the summer or not. For distance learners there is no distinction between in-state and OOS, but for regular undergraduates there is. My D had looked at taking a summer class online until we realized it would cost about $3K.</p>

<p>thanks for the info!</p>

<p>One would have to be classified as an online student to pay the online rate and to my knowledge, UA doesn’t allow students to switch to online status for a single term and revert back to on-campus status for future terms.</p>

<p>See if you can find a class at another institution which would transfer to UA as that course. </p>

<p>thanks, i will.</p>