Tuition Rate Increases

Is anyone comfortable sharing expected tuition rate increases at their school for 2023-24? Curious to know if other schools are raising rates at a higher percentage due to inflation and other costs.

Thank you!

I’ve only seen Choate’s tuition for 23-24. In terms of % increase it’s similar to past years.

I’d be curious to know, as well. Many universities have had tuition price freezes over the last several years with some still managing to continue to do so. Any BS out there with price freezes?

Choate increases tuition about 3% each year.

2 Likes

Many of the increases are already posted on the school websites! I noticed that when I was looking at the schools we applied to (if you are looking at a specific school or maybe you just wanted some comparisons). :slight_smile: I know one school went up by 8%!

From Lawrenceville’s website: Boarding $76,080; Day $62,600.
I would say that I’m glad I’m graduating, but college somehow costs even more…

Why Lawrenceville is so expensive? Other top tier schools like Andover, Exeter is much cheaper.

3 Likes

I believe it’s because New Jersey is expensive. Peddie and Blair also have really high tuitions ($67,900/$58,700 and $70,200/$48,900, respectively.)

Those schools have larger endowments and it might have something to do with New Jersey’s high taxes as well.

1 Like

Schools don’t pay taxes. Though most if not all make PILOT payments.

I would like to remind posters that College Confidential is supposed to be a place that is welcoming and friendly, or at very least polite nd civil. So please keep that in mind when posting.

I have edited some posts which I feel did not adhere to this. Thank you all for your understanding.

2 Likes