Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Tulane University offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1.

(Source)

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 15. Last year, Tulane admitted 720 of the 2,163 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 33.29%.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Tulane is November 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 15. Last year, Tulane admitted 4,588 of the 26,483 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 17.32%. For more information visit the Tulane University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Tulane applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Tulane University? Why Tulane? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Tulane topics visit the tulane-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Tulane Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

The early decision deadline is November 1st not 15th.

What happened to ED2???

I was wondering the same. Last year there was ED 2 if I recall correctly.

Yes. Tulane had ED2 for the last several years for sure. I wonder why they got rid of it…?

Personally, I am glad they got rid of ED2. I felt like they deferred a lot of qualified EA applicants hoping that they would choose ED2. I wasn’t happy with that because If I was allowed to apply ED I would just do that in the ED1 pool. Deferring so many ea with the hope they would switch to ED2 Is not cool. IMHO

I was told Tulane might still add ED2 this year. Doesn’t make sense to me, but I heard it directly from the mouth of one of the admissions counselors.

Yep, Tulane just opened up their ED2 option today. Due by Jan 12, admission decision by Jan 31.

yup just got the email. Its so annoying because it makes it easier for them to defer EA applicants hoping they choose ed2. If I could’ve done ED, I would have but I can’t so now I have to hope that admissions sees that I did everything I could to show that I want to attend.

2 Likes

Any update on ED 2022 decision date? Last few years have been this week

They just posted that ED decisions will be released 11/22 at 4pm central. Good luck, everyone!

4 Likes

anyone else get a Tulane hat with no letter or explanation? got to hand it to them, Tulane excels at marketing for sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got the hat over the summer. Just a hat in an envelope. I just got stickers this week. So funny

what is a “hat” and how to get it?

it was literally a Tulane baseball hat that they mailed in an envelope. Nothing else with it. I love it. I just got tulane stickers in an envelope with nothing else…just stickers. Its so mysterious lol

1 Like

lol, we got stickers then hat. so funny.

Good luck to ED applicants!!! Sending you all good vibes!

2 Likes

OMG my son just got accepted ED! We are sooo excited! Wishing you all lots of luck with your applications!

21 Likes

congrats!are you willing to share stats/details? #rollwave #tualne2026

2 Likes