Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Thanks.
My DD had 33 ACT, very good grades, and lots of ECs, but not top of the class- however, she goes to a rigorous private school where they don’t calculate weighted GPAs.
Wonder if she should wait a little longer to ask. Perhaps some of the EA honors students won’t end up going to Tulane. Wonder if that might free up some space in honors program.

How selective is the Tulane honors
Program?

Do everyone get deferred in EA than getting rejected? I haven’t seen anyone get rejected yet in EA

My son was rejected.

What were his stats?

3.8 WGPA, 1330 SAT, currently taking 5 APs including calc AB, Eagle Scout, honor societies, jobs, key member of all state sport. He applied on a lark because it was free and we’d visited.

There appear to be an abundance of deferred applicants and they’re really pushing ED. I know a few families who didn’t ED due to expected cost. However, Tulane is adroitly pushing people to ED2 with so many deferrals.

My daughter got into Tulane but the deposits are so high. $750 to enroll and an extra $250 for housing? That’s absurd! I thought it was normal at first but then I started looking at other schools and their deposits are much less. Is there anyway to get this fee reduced or even waived? We come from a low-income family.

1 Like

Also, to be honest I was quite “surprised” when she recieved her acceptance as her stats were lower than applicants who were deferred…

3.48/4.0W GPA
24 ACT but applied test optional
8 APs and 7 honors
170 hours of community service
125/475 class rank

2 Likes

Interesting. How much demonstrated interest did she show?

She went to about 10 virtual events and she did the interview as well. She did not visit campus.

3 Likes

Luck was on your side!

When do invitations for the BS/MD program get sent out? And when do we know about DHS?

I’m sure that after ten events they got to know how special your DD is and what she’ll contribute to campus. Congrats! Ask Financial Aid office after the holidays if financial aid can apply towards the deposit.

4 Likes

My DD got in EA honors, we were surprised by acceptance and honors. OOS and no test score.

2 Likes

Did anyone else see the email from Tulane claiming the $750 enrollment deposit is due January 15? I hope this was a typo.

I also received this email. I believe they meant to write June 15, as it says on the website. :slight_smile:

I think that is the ED deadline, but yes, we received it as well, for EA.

Yes, we also got it this morning. Website says EA deposit due May 1. If we don’t receive a clarification email in the next week or so, daughter will send admissions counselor a note.

We also received the email this morning and I was quite surprised. If there is no clarification email, I plan to call them this week. It strikes me as too odd to demand deposit before full FA and scholarship info are out.

Same with my DD.