Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

You should not say that

LOCI includes anything new since initial application (grades are sent, improved tests, awards, honors, anything new and interesting about you. Donā€™t be quirky but state your continued desire to attend. Keep it simple they donā€™t need a repeat of what they already saw in your initial app. Those who donā€™t complete this are basically showing indifference toward the school and is another way for them to distinguish between those who are interested and those who are curious if they can get in but will probably go elsewhere.

@rd123456, I have to admit I am a parent not a student, but I have come across your posts on a few threadsā€¦and your responses are leading me to believe that you might be trolling a bit? And if not, Iā€™m thinking you might want to take this all a bit more seriously.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Why would I be trolling? What posts specifically make you think that?
Out of all sincerity, Iā€™m just a high school senior going through this process. I thought that it would just be nice and quirky for the AOs for my Tulane response.

On than this Tulane post which I understand may sound like trolling, please let me know what other posts I sound like Iā€™m trolling.

I apologize then. Iā€™m middle aged and do not understand why anyone trolls? Makes no sense to me. I believe here and on another thread you commented that applied sort of last minute.
My advice is to write something sincere and genuine, not something quirky. Let your true self shine through.

No worries. I agree with you. I donā€™t like trolls either.
Iā€™ve read a lot of articles where itā€™s good to make the AOs laugh to get an acceptance on the application so I just wanted to ask the CC community. Thank you for your opinion.

In regards to you saying that I applied last minute, yes I did. I applied last minute to a few schools because I got fee waivers. They arenā€™t my target schools or anything but just schools that I wanted to see my chances. I applied to about 41 schools and definitely feel like I worked hard on my main ones.

Is that all? Just the ones about the last minute sound like Iā€™m trolling? Just want to know because I donā€™t want to sound like Iā€™m trolling irl, lol.

omg 41 schools :)!!! wowza. how do you keep up with all of that?? good for you. dude, focus on your target schools. IMHO, yes laughter and quirkiness are good, but even hinting/joking with a school that you have not taken THEIR institution seriously wonā€™t give you positive results. all the best!

1 Like

ā€œIn regards to you saying that I applied last minute, yes I did. I applied last minute to a few schools because I got fee waivers. They arenā€™t my target schools or anything but just schools that I wanted to see my chances. I applied to about 41 schools and definitely feel like I worked hard on my main ones.ā€

In that case, donā€™t waste any more of the Tulane AOā€™s time.

1 Like

Why would I care about their time? Are the things youā€™re saying even making sense? Who cares? Are you part of the admissions office? Theyā€™re out here deferring and rejecting folks who are very well qualified just to manage their yield statistics and aim for a higher ranking.

Donā€™t tell me what to do. Iā€™m gonna keep wasting their time and go ahead and send my LOCI.

1 Like

Wow. I realize you are going through a stressful process and as a result may not be showing the best parts of yourself here, but that sort of attitude will not get you far in this process or thereafter.

Why would you say that? I believe I wrote my essays well, have great stats, etc.

I guess for me, I take issue with you applying to a school that you really donā€™t care about. You are potentially taking a spot from a student working just as hard as you but who really wants to attend Tulane. Thatā€™s not cool.

1 Like

i got merit with no test scores but i only got 8k per year.

• im in state btw
4 Likes

Congrats and thanks for the response! We are OOS, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

For those who have students at Tulane (or those who have an opinion :smiley:) - my child will be having to make a choice between schools ranked exactly the same as Tulane. Of course, this brings up the old question of what does a ranking meanā€¦but at Tulane he was offered Honors College and a nice chunk of Merit money. That certainly made him feel wanted. Seems honors colleges vary from institution to institution quite a bit. Anyone truly feel it is worth it at Tulane? He intends to do research, is insanely passionate about all things music (ergo the draw to NOLA), and may or may not track to pre-med. For sure, undergrad will not be the end of his educational path. He is going to attend an Honors College weekend in March.

1 Like

we are curious about the same thing. Tulane is a lot of money, even with merit money offered. Seems like half the class got offered Honors College, so not sure how selective it is. It definitely felt great for our daughter, but wondering if there are better/wiser choices out there for a lot less money and stronger programs. good luck and congrats!

1 Like

Accepted EA honors scholars too. I believe this is a new honors scholars program that started with last years class. Itā€™s only for one year with options to continue. You donā€™t even need to do a thesis to graduate and I donā€™t believe you get an honors diploma when you graduate. Iā€™m confused as to why the program format changed

If student loan repayment progress is a proxy for financial health of former students, Tulane is by far the worst of any of the 5 schools tied at USNWR # 42 & the only school where ā€œNot Making Progressā€ is the largest bucket (including Wisco- a state school).
College Scorecard.

3 Likes

Was accepted EA with 48k merit and invitation to honors college.
Been waiting for my acceptance package in the mail for more financial planning details. Has anyone who was accepted EA received their acceptance package yet?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t received mine either.