Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

something comes in the mail??? the offer is listed on the Gibson portal.

From what I can garner, it seems you still can if you want to…maybe the university was finding that students found it too restrictive? Now it seems more of a choice and dependent on your personal path and ambitions???

Has anyone who got in to Tulane EA received more than $25,000 per year? Seems like I only saw one person get this much. Just curious.

Look above. Someone said they got 48 k year.

I have a senior at Tulane and a HS senior who just got accepted. And I also went to Tulane. Is it worth it? Well that is a personal decision that only you can make. But I can say that my older daughter has been very happy both at Tulane and in Nola. If your son loves all things music, I can’t think of many better places to live than Nola. The town is all about music. And food, and culture, and art, and fun. We have been really happy with Tulane. Their leadership is second to none. They have weathered many storms (pun intended) in the past few years with grace and class. The president is top notch. The parent support group is amazing. I would predict that most Tulane parents would say they would do it all over again. Hope that helps.

7 Likes

No such thing as $48k a year. That was $48k for the 4 years. Only a DHS, Paul Tulane or Stamps would give that kind of money.

1 Like

That makes more sense.

Thank you @Dinafish. I appreciate your reply :smiley:

From your experience, do you think an introvert who is not into the party scene could be happy at Tulane?

I heartily agree with these sentiments. D is senior who just graduated early and is sticking around to work while completing a graduate degree. The administration has been incredibly responsive, transparent and communicative throughout the uncertainty of the last couple of years and the COVID response top notch as you would expect from a school that was founded to research and fight pandemics. Even more impressive has been the career and advisory support she has received, both from her various advisors as well as faculty. She was not a number…she built personal and professional relationships with them and the school is really right-sized to be able to provide that kind of personalized support as well as the programs, resources and opportunities of a Tier 1 research institution. It does a great job of providing a small school experience alongside large school offerings and options. Of her acceptances, Tulane was in the middle in terms of cost. We paid more than we could have if she had gone somewhere else but we would do it again after the education and experiences she has had, even smack in the middle of a pandemic. It has been worth every penny and then some.

Finally, do not underestimate the impact living in New Orleans has upon Tulane students. It is a singularly unique city that provides cultural and experiential opportunities not found anywhere else. The city and the university are inextricably connected and each makes the other better.

8 Likes

Have a D who just graduated early and was in the former version of the Honors program. It got her preferred housing and some additional course and programming offerings, early scheduling, a chance to write a thesis and earn an Honors diploma, etc. She would say that it was a fine program because of the advantages it provided to her but not at all necessary.

The program has been evolving and there is talk of it potentially being eliminated. The incoming classes have been more and more uniformly high performing, so the need for any sort of Honors offering has become less necessary as a supplemental enticement for high performers. Based on D’s experience, I would not let uncertainties around this program be of concern or influence any decision making. Neither it’s presence or lack thereof would have a significant impact upon the experience of your student.

5 Likes

Not sure but from every other colleges I was accepted to, there was some sort of envelope with printed congrats letter and financial information. Has anyone from ED round received their acceptance package?

When are students supposed to get their official financial aid packets?

1 Like

We haven’t received the big Tulane envelope yet either. I know they used to send them. Assume they will this year too.

1 Like

Anyone applying ED II?

Latest Tulane admissions blog post. Relates to the EDII deadline as well as additional reinforcement that while an option, they are not attempting to force anyone into it.

https://admissionblog.tulane.edu/2022/01/06/ed-2-deadline-is-coming/

I am. I got deferred EA and switched to ED2

Good luck. !!

I switched to ed 2 as well!

Hi. Where have you heard that ? Son wants to switch his app to ED2 (deadline today) but money is very tight and I’m divorced and don’t know ex’s income. Son already got in a in state school will be very affordable. Would they let him out of ED2 if we can’t afford?