Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Hi all, Tulane alumnus here (‘15). Happy to answer any questions that haven’t been answered here already!

2 Likes

Hey @callitgumption - thank you so very much! Were you within driving distance to TU. Our DS will have to fly. He’s a little hesitant with that. Mind you he is comfortable with flying and is quite used to it. But it does present a different level of detachment. Any thoughts?

Hi @jgt7448 ! I was not - was coming from the west coast, so flying back and forth was definitely part of my Tulane experience. I did feel homesick at times, especially when some of my friends from TX or LA were able to have their parents come out for Family Weekend or random visits throughout the year. Luckily, there are lots of people who are coming from afar to attend Tulane, so your student will be in company! A common strategy was to book return flights home as soon as you get the syllabus each semester. I think it just requires a bit more effort to stay connected to family, filling them in on what you’re up to at school, etc. It’s a good idea to also have an evacuation plan in place, so you’ll know whether you’d fly home or drive out with a friend in the event of a hurricane.

4 Likes

hmmm, good advice. we’ll try to stay ahead of it a little bit - have some dates on the calendar that he can look forward to!

1 Like

My child just received an email from Tulane inviting her to interview for a scholarship. Did anyone else get this email?

1 Like

My son received an email last Friday inviting him to interview for the architecture scholarship.

2 Likes

Not sure how long of a drive it is for you, but for us it’s 14 hours. Her first two years, D flew back and forth. Then her junior year she took her car with her so she would drive the trips at the beginning and end of year and fly home for holidays, spring break, etc… It seemed daunting at first but then you adjust and it becomes your new normal. And Tulane has an extremely geographically dispursed student body so it’s very common to be in this situation.

Check out Director of Admissions Engagement Owen Knight’s video and comments…they may be helpful and enlightening here.

https://admission.tulane.edu/meet-us/owen-knight

Oh boy - I just looked up the drive (yep, we are in New England)…anywhere from 21 to 24 hours. So not possible in one day. I image we would be ok with him taking a car when he is an upperclassman. We are lucky that my BIL went to Loyola and is still there with his young family. That sure helps with the evacuation plan! Kind of laughing to myself that he just got a new winter coat. I truly thank you for all of your warm advice and direction :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just in New Orleans this past weekend and it was in the 30’s. That new winter coat will get used from time to time!

1 Like

Has any EA admits received any Tulane welcome packets in the mail yet? I’ve received from other EA schools but not Tulane, my first choice. Just want to make sure I’m not missing mail.

2 Likes

I have not received anything

1 Like

I got an email for BienvenueTU. Is that the same one?

What scholarship was it for, can I ask? My daughter submitted for a few, but we did not hear back on any of them.

My daughter received this pamphlet with links to Admitted Student Events.

Interesting. I did not receive this.

I’m unsure but it’s not for the Paul Tulane or DHS. It’s a scholarship we’ve never heard of.

I think it might be for Stamps. I believe the very top applicants from DHS and PT scholarship pool are picked to interview. I’m not completely sure though.

I got an email for BienvenueTU but an hour beforehand I got an email about the scholarship.

I did not either.

i have a freshman son at Tulane, and for us, it has been worth every penny. He is SO happy. Not one complaint from him. He has made terrific friends from around the country. He explores the city, and takes advantage of all Nola has to offer. He has become a golf fanatic, and loves that the weather allows him to play in his free time. We have been so pleased with the community. Of course, academically it is great, but I’m most pleased with all of the other life skills he is learning and everything he is exposed to.

11 Likes