Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

I looked back and it looks like the Paul Tulane and DHS decisions came out on a Friday Jan 31, and she got declined for both of those, and then got notified about the Stamps interview the following Monday. Timing I thought was odd because she could have committed somewhere else over that weekend, as previous years the future Stamps recipients received one of the other two scholarships and then moved on to Stamps.

2 Likes

Do you know if all students who applied to either scholarship get an email letting them know either way, or do only those who receive the award get an email?

For the Paul Tulane and DHS it was a notification on your portal.

1 Like

Monday Jan 24!

Congrats!! When did your son receive his spring acceptance? Is this something he opted into?

awesome!
I have heard great things about the abroad fall program!

Tulane is not sending the big envelope this year. I emailed the counselor and asked. The online letter is it this year.

1 Like

Does she love it? What is her major? Or likely major?
Does she feel pressure to party more than study? My DD, accepted EA and is 90% or more going to go. She has loved Tulane since she started the college app process. Her only worry is it might be too much fun- she is a hard-working student, wants to have fun but wants to be able to focus on her academics as well.
Trying to get feedback on this topic.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Boo

Jan 24! He did not opt in. He’s taken a very non traditional path (college courses as a Junior during Covid) so I think they saw that.

My D was admitted EA last year and she is a freshman in Tulane now. If I remember correct, the final financial package came out the first 2 weeks of Feb 2021 (assuming you have completed the to-do tasks in your Gibson portal). Therefore, please do not give up the hope for more awarded money, especially those who were invited for a special scholarship interview. The final package was a huge surprise for us last year.

2 Likes

Have people already been invited for scholarship interviews? I’m hoping those invites come out this week.

If I got deferred but have high stats is there A chance I could receive merit? Possibly DHS or PT?

1 Like

The daughter’s scholarship interview is for BienvenueTU.

My son got a guaranteed transfer option to Tulane - is there a possibility that he can get his desired business major thorough transfer program - any insights would be appreciated

When does financial aid come out?

Do they interview for PT scholarships? I thought it was just based on the essay submissions and your records.

1 Like

Oh you may be right. I just keep seeing people talking about interviewing for scholarships.

He doesn’t need to worry. With the exception of architecture, undergraduate programs at Tulane don’t require separate application/admission. This leaves the undergrads free to explore a wide variety of interests. Double majors are very common.

2 Likes

My son is a freshman this year. There are definitely party options for those so inclined, but he says he’s found that the vast majority are very serious about their studies. This includes those who party. Folks go out on Thursdays and weekends, but not nearly as much early in the week.

He has loved his experience. I really feel like he has found his “tribe.” Nothing is perfect, but I’ve been very impressed with the administration’s communication and pragmatic approach, particularly surrounding Covid and the hurricane. Best of luck with the decision process!

6 Likes