Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Thanks! I feel like she might have moved on in her heart already for 3 other schools since it has taken so long. We shall see what happens! We kind of found out too late that demonstrated was so important! Also, not sure the test optional decision will have helped. Thanks again!

1 Like

Itā€™s too bad; my daughter started out with Tulane as her first choice, but we didnā€™t let her apply ED. Now she no longer wants Tulane because sheā€™s heard that they fill most of their class from EDs and she feels like sheā€™s an afterthought. I told her itā€™s just Tulaneā€™s way of playing the numbers game, but sheā€™s not budging, and meanwhile, we still havenā€™t heard from Tulane so sheā€™s moved on. Iā€™m kind of bummed because we both liked the school a lot, but oh well, itā€™s been a crazy year! Would have loved visiting NOLA ā€“ congrats to those who will be there!

2 Likes

They are going to release the rest of the decisions on March 30th, 3pm CDT. Good luck to your daughter and everyone else who is waiting to hear!

6 Likes

Not sure what she considers ā€œmost of the classā€, but last cycle Tulane admitted 51% through ED. Thatā€™s the first time it has ever exceeded 50% and is still less than many schools of similar selectivity.

Earlier in the thread, there was a quote that Tulane expects to accept 55 - 58% of their class from ED this year.

RD were released today

On that thread, looks like every single person got waitlisted or rejected

1 Like

And the big majority were waitlisted.

1 Like

My son just applied ED to tulane for fall 2023. He has shown a ton of DI, went test optional, and doesnā€™t have a stellar gpa but did the why tulane and other 2 optional essays. In the meantime is there anything else he can do?

Good morning. Checking back to last years thread to see if anyone did Destination Days last year. DS was admitted for Fall 2023 (Architecture) and weā€™ll be going down for first visit mid April. We havenā€™t seen an agenda (yet) so not sure how comprehensive the event is. Any opinions - positive or negative - appreciated.

My son and husband went, but for the Spring Scholars event. If you go, youā€™ll end up with a student enrolled. They do an incredible job at these.

My son is also architecture! He went to Barcelona for Fall, and loved it!

2 Likes

Would love to hear w about your sons spring scholar experience. My son accepted a spring scholar spot and wants to go to Rome.

1 Like

My son did Rome and it was a great experience for himā€¦ nice group of friends from Tulane and other schools and Iā€™d definitely recommend.

1 Like

How did your son find a roommate for Rome? I am assuming he roomed with other Tulane Spring Scholars? Thanks!

Through mutual friends - we live in the same city so having so much commonality was a nice way to start the adventure. I know that kids met at the accepted students weekends for spring scholars and/ or started connecting online.

1 Like

Any insight into the agenda for Destination Tulane accepted student program? I want to make sure DS has opportunity to meet with a couple of the programs directly (at some programs this seems to be part of the day, others not). Any other things to be aware of would be appreciated! Weā€™ll be going down for 4/22 and need to make a decision very quickly after.