Tulane Fall 2023 Transfer

hi! creating a new thread for transfers for Fall 2023! I’m applying as a freshman for sophomore year. Curious if anyone has heard a decision yet? Also, any insights on campus life as a transfer?

Hi! I was just accepted at 3/24 at around 4:30 pm

congrats! I was accepted as well!

to those accepted, have you heard anything about credit evaluations or financial aid packages?

As a transfer or as a Freshman incoming student? DS was admitted as a Freshman for the Fall on 3/8 and a couple of days later there was a note in the Gibson Portal looking for some additional documents (copies of W-2’s and Tax Return). I submitted that and within a couple of days after that the Financial Aid award was posted there. I do NOT recall there being any emails from the FA officer or admissions notifying of award or when they were looking for the documentation - just needed to check the portal periodically.

Dear people who heard back,

How long did it take to hear back after submitting your application?

hi when did you turn in your transfer application? i turned mine in on april 14th. and haven’t heard anything. i’m a sophomore rn at my current school

same

just accepted 4/27 at around 4pm est

Just got in!! Applied 4/14.

It was a semi-safety for me, but I’m just so excited to know that I have an option I’d enjoy going to!!! Still waiting to hear back from most schools, but for now, I’m feeling great.

My daughter is currently a sophomore at Tulane. She is living off-campus next year and one of their roommates just backed out of their house. It’s a nice house with 4 separate bedrooms and a few blocks to campus. If any transfers are stuck for housing and would be interested, let me know.

I applied April 5th and I was accepted yesterday! I have a 3.4 GPA at my current college and people on Reddit told me not even bother applying because I had no chance. “You are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t know you - Taylor Swift” - Me. Roll Wave!!!

I can’t decide if I wanna go and the deposit is due today!!

Going to put this here from another post, and spread the love you all!

Remember also students who didn’t get in, or who are considering Tulane: there is the IDT (interdivisional transfer) from the Tulane School of Professional Advancement to NTC with fulfilling the 6 core requirements:
Foreign Language
Math
Science
English (English 1010 compulsory)
Social Science
Humanities
With a C (or C-) or better
At least two (2) semesters in SoPA (School of Professional Advancement)
At least 18 Tulane credits
Upon completion of such, you will require a deans letter of approval from SoPA, just like going from NTC to SoPA, and you will have completed IDT to becoming a full fledged Tulanian!
Google: Tulane interdivisional transfer, it’ll show up under the School of Professional Advancement.
Perfect way to circumvent the normal freshman undergraduate route if you have a year or three of a break from school, and last I saw, you need a 2.0 GPA to get in. Not necessarily the 1-3 years break from school. Also, you don’t need to break from school, all you have to do is go into the SoPA and work on the transfer process.

They only know what you tell them. :wink:

Good luck everyone, especially if you’re financially hurting, SoPA may be the PERFECT way to start!

Good luck!