Tulane University Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

@onlyattulane (their admissions instagram)

1 Like

So kids are supposed to be following Twitter or Insta feeds for every college they apply to? I have no idea if my kid is doing that. Seems like the wrong message to send- we want you to spend more time on your phones and social mediaā€¦

2 Likes

I believe when my son applied EA a few years ago, he also received an email after decisions were released.

1 Like

After a straight up refusal from WFU, Iā€™ll take a deferral. We had just booked tickets to fly down to Tulane to tour for the first week of January. I suspect we will be needing to cancel those tickets.

2 Likes

Just checked. My daughter got accepted along with Leadership Award. Best wishes to other who have been patiently waiting.

7 Likes

Where did you see the results?

4 Likes

ā€œopenā€ your application in the portal and you will see a status update

3 Likes

daughter deferred. wasnā€™t a high choice for her so I guess thatā€™s ok and maybe that came through since she wasnā€™t showing enough interest (she did visit and tour officially though).
or maybe I can delude myself and call it yield protection since she is so outstanding they didnā€™t think she would enroll?

3 Likes

found out the news and i got in as an oos poc girl who got deferred ed1 from w&m! i donā€™t know what they saw but they saw something! good luck everyone and roll green wave :ocean: :green_heart:

7 Likes

Accepted w/$15,000 merit scholarship. !500 SAT, 3.8 UW GPA - 7 APS & lots of honors/DE.

5 Likes

Our son was accepted today. He had 33 ACT (34 Super Score), 3.9 GPA, 6 APs, TONS of leadership, community service, Eagle Scout, Musician, really fits Tulanes Core values well, so we felt like it was a perfect fit school for him, and very happy they saw it. He was offered 20K/year merit as well. He did have 2 years of demonstrated interest as his sister applied last year so we had him at all the sessions last year for her as well, and he met with his admissions rep for coffee, which likely helped.

6 Likes

Accepted. No mention of merit award. I assume that means nada? Congrats to those admitted!

6 Likes

Son was deferred. If you/your kid were deferred too are they asking for mid-year grades? Is that a standard request? We could go visit in person to show continued interest after the first of the year, but DS swears he wonā€™t ED no matter what so Iā€™ve been hesitant to spend the money.

2 Likes

DD accepted!!! 20K scholarship and Honors Scholar invite!!! Over the moon excited!!!:green_heart::green_heart: Really humbling!

8 Likes

D23 accepted with $20k merit + Honors Scholars! Somewhat expected deferral so was really great to see big smile on her face after ED disappointment

9 Likes

For those accepted, would love to see stats if you donā€™t mind sharing.

4 Likes

I just got in!!! with $14,000/y scholarship:) canā€™t believe itā€¦

stats for interested ā€“

OOS (EA)
SAT: 1460
GPA: 3.82
9 APs
submitted portfolio for school of Architecture

5 Likes

I was deferred today EA: 4.57 weighted/4.0 unweighted GPA, 33 ACT, cheer captain, interest clubs, honor societies writing tutor, part time job, volunteer work, misc. academic awards and leadership in clubs. applied as a biochem major out of state

2 Likes

Congrats to all. For those, like me, who find stats helpful:
Accepted. $10,000/year scholarship
1410 (submitted after going back and forth on whether or not to go TO)
UW 3.95
11 APs, submitted the 4s and 5s (AP Scholar)
Editor-in-chief at large public high school - several national awards for stories
School year-round varsity sport - went to Nationals
More than 200 community service hours, including yearly international service project.
All the usual honors socities and lesser ECs.

I think it was the Why essay that did it. For those who are deferred and really want to attend, show interest! Be VERY specific in your continued interest essay. Good luck to everyone!

5 Likes

Congrats all!! I was deferred today from Early Action. I applied out of state for a Political Science major. Here are my sats- hope it helps!
ACT: 33 (single sitting)
9 APs
4.35 weighted gpa
9+ years of competitive/travel tennis
job experience
some academic awards, NHS, etc.
130+ volunteer hours + leadership related to tennis

7 Likes