Turing Class of 2026

Ye I saw that some still had the old version. But the amount of people that got deferred seems too high to be people that will get into Turing.

Agreed. It feels like they simply need more time.

There will be an official Discord for admitted students, but we’re waiting for admissions to be finalized before sending it out. That should happen within the next week or two.

1 Like

The difference in status might be due to some people having applied by the priority deadline. If they did, their decision was supposed to come by Feb 1st, so they would have been “deferred,” whereas people who applied by the regular deadline are only supposed to get decisions before March 1st.

1 Like

At this time are we waiting for all decisions on March 1 or rolling decisions aka check portal daily?

Likely portal and email as a few mentioned having interviews with a technical coding problem at the end. I did hear about technical Turing interviews when my niece went through this a few years ago, but I wasn’t aware that it is still a thing on a selective basis. No idea who gets picked and why. The most recent interviews were with Dr. Lin.

Here is a post about the technical interview experience:

But I saw that most were admitted without an interview

Yep, no idea who gets interviewed and why.

Apparently some non auto posted that he got into Turing yesterday on Austin admissions 2 subreddit

I wonder interview or no depends on relevant CS experience during high school. My friend who only took one CS course in school and not involved in Robotics or related was auto admitted and got into UT CS with me.

That is a possibility. I also feel they recruit early the people they really want in the program with no questions asked. There is one OOS admit that got into Turing in December even before his portal updated!

I stopped looking for logic. Also I am wary of those who say they got in and disappear. Someone in my school edited their Naviance to show they were accepted to colleges that have not released any decisions yet.

1 Like

My S was the only one in his class to be admitted into UT CS. The others were with him on the CS STEM track since 9th grade. They all have competitive scores and grades. He believes UT is only interested in valedictorians from his school and dismisses all others. The demographics of his school changed the last few years due to rezoning and this is likely a UT artifact of the past. They are all appealing.

Ye that is true. We can never be truly sure of people saying they got in on Reddit

But I do feel that there are at least some more spots available for Turing

1 Like

My friend will be valedictorian or salutatorian. I am in top 2% but not close to becoming V or S. I do have lot of programming and robotics experience at school and camps.

1 Like

Got a reply from Calvin Lin, said my application was, in fact, reviewed and then deferred.
FYI I have the “still under review” message that others have been mentioning, so if you have this it’s probably the same case.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking and sharing his reply!

1 Like

Oh, that might explain the large number of deferrals. Except for definite acceptances, everyone else was deferred.

1 Like

Anyone denied for Turing or is that something that happens on or after March 1?