Turning in post office box keys

<p>I know y’all have a long enough list of things to do this week, but wondering if we should turn in our post office box keys this week, too.</p>

<p>If the line is too long or we can’t get over to the Ferg, what should we do with our keys?</p>

<p>My daughter waited in line over 30 minutes today trying to turn in her keys. She plans on trying again tomorrow.</p>

<p>You potentially missed out on a larger refund if you renewed in January as USPS refunds in 3 month increments. I closed my PO Box in April so I received refund; I wouldn’t have gotten a refund beyond my key deposit if I turned in my keys in May. it seems that USPS is not making exceptions to refund rules even though they changed the terms of the contract. </p>

<p>Because the USPS employees are only there temporarily, they are not authorized to give refunds in cash or to a credit/debit card. Instead, I was paid with a money order and went up to the Alabama Credit Union to cash it.</p>

<p>How much was the key deposit? I don’t remember.</p>

<p>Wondering the same thing about the key deposit. </p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Depending on when one rented their PO box, the key deposit was $1, $3, or $0 per key.</p>