Tuscaloosa Craigslist Experience?

<p>DS will be a freshman in just a few days.</p>

<p>Is Tuscaloosa CL an active and useful resource? It’d be nice to find out there is a go-to place for rideshares, used tech gear, and event tickets.</p>

<p>Does anybody have an experience to share?</p>

<p>Students, if you’re on CC tonight, has CL worked for you? I know there are creepy and icky CL sections. We’ve had good luck in Huntsvegas, although we’re careful to stay away from certain sections.</p>

<p>I’ve used it with success to buy used exercise equip.</p>

<p>Son bought a cell phone, so far so good.</p>

<p>I’ve bought tons of stuff, including a pickup truck, off the Seattle Craigslist, so am very familiar with the site. Tuscaloosa’s Craigslist is much smaller and one might have to look in the Birmingham or Columbus, MS sections for items, but good deals can be found if one spends a few days looking. It helps if one knows the location of nearby towns to decide if, for example, going out to Fayette or Centreville (different directions) to pick up a piece of furniture is worth ones time and money.</p>

<p>If your student finds something on Craigslist, I strongly suggest that they don’t respond if the seller mentions shipping, Western Union, or PayPal.</p>

<p>DS and I bought a table and chairs off Craigslist last year, super cheap and met a really nice old lady. Wouldn’t hesitate to use it again.</p>

<p>A couple of years ago I bought football tickets for a UMiami Hurricanes football game in South Florida. It was a season ticket holder with great seats. He and his wife were going to a wedding. I met him in a busy Walmart parking lots- just in case. It worked out very well.</p>