Tut's bed size

<p>Anyone know if the twin beds at Tutweiler are extra long or regular size? I’ve heard both. Also, if the bed is raised to make room for storage underneath, what would the dust ruffle legnth need to be (from bed to floor)? Things that keep me awake at night pondering…</p>

<p>Others have reported that Tut’s bed size is regular (not XL since only girls are in Tut).</p>

<p>I don’t know about how high the beds loft or if dust ruffles touch the floor from a lofted bed. I wouldn’t even know where to get dust ruffles that long. lol </p>

<p>Do the pics on Bama Housing for Tut give you any ideas?</p>

<p>on website:</p>

<p>Tutwiler
Bedroom</p>

<p>Furniture provided for each resident:
Standard twin bed and mattress (36” x 75”), adjustable height up to 31” max from floor
Built-in wardrobe (43” x 23” x 70”), with interior rod and storage unit above (43” x 23”x 17”) (Freestanding wardrobe, dresser and desk provided in rooms ending in -45)
Furniture provided shared by residents:
Desk (28” wide X 22” deep), moveable
2 desk chairs
Built-in desk (45” wide X 21” deep)
Built-in 10-drawer dresser (21” wide X 31” high), with vanity mirror above
Microfridge
Vinyl tile flooring
Bulletin board on entry door, 28" x 36" (Except in rooms ending in -45)
Additional Details</p>

<p>Approx. room dimensions: 10’ 5" x 14’ 11" (actual floor space: 8’5" x 14’11")
One window: 45" high* x 65" wide, mini blinds provided
Window sill: 64 ½” wide x 8 ½” deep
Includes Ethernet connection and cable TV connection
Phone connection available on request at no additional charge</p>

<p>I’m having the bedding made. So I guess a 31" drop for the bed skirt would work. If anyone has any personal experience, let me know!</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>31" may not be long enough. I think they are saying 31" from the bed frame (bottom of the wood) to the floor, not 31" from the top of the bed frame (where the mattress rest on the frame). It may only be 4" difference and I’m not sure if it matters or not…you could add a few inches and then hem it yourself once you know for sure.</p>

<p>Thanks, Crimson, that’s a good idea!</p>

<p>DD lived in Tut freshman year :)…she LOVED it! I miserably failed at the whole bedskirt thing! She wanted a tension or to fit under the bed and we got curtains to match her PB duvet. Yep didn’t work :(…She did use under the bed for storage. She’s short so we had to buy a step stool for her to use because we put the bed as high as it would go and bless her heart her legs were too short (she’s about 5’3 or so). For some reason 36 inches comes to mind when I think about the bedskirt…but don’t quote me. Also the desks are two different sizes…the girls used the desk size one for lap tops ect and the smaller one as makeup station. My DD said to tell you to get the rug that you can order from the university…it made it feel much more homey :).</p>

<p>Contact Dorm Suite Dorm or Sew Sheri…they make lots of the custom bedding for Tut residents so they would know the dimensions and what most girls do. There are pictures of Tut rooms on their website, too.</p>

<p>We were able to use four premade panels of a 34" cafe curtain as a bedskirt with the lofted bed. (D is in the honors dorms, but the beds are the same ones used in Tutwiler.) This proved to be a much more economical option than having a custom bedskirt made. We used two tension rods taped together to hold the curtains. They were the thin type and when we tried to use only one it sagged due to the weight of the four panels. My husband somehow secured the curtain rods to the bed frame with zip ties to give them added stability. We were able to find tension rods that were the right length to fit the bed frame at either Home Depot or Lowes – forget which one. I believe the Dormco also had the right size if you need an online option.</p>

<p>OK, getting a clearer picture here, thanks to you guys! Aphimommy, my D is 5’ so thanks for the heads up on the step stool. Also, on the rug, I haven’t seen where you can order them from UA. Are these rentals or do you keep them? Would it be fine to just purchase a 5X8, or so?</p>

<p>I’m not sure I completly understand about the tension rods for the longer length of the bed, but I will study the pictures mentioned. Keep those ideas coming!!</p>