Tutwiler

<p>If anyone can help answer these questions, I would be grateful! My daughter and I toured Tutwiler during her University Days visit. We saw a traditional room and chatted with the 2 students who lived there.</p>

<p>Our tour guide confirmed there are a limited number of suites available. Does anyone know how many are in Tutwiler, and do they get filled the first day of housing room selection? Do these suites house 4 students?</p>

<p>Also, the housing web page states that a couple of things are different in rooms whose numbers end in -45, like 245, 345, 445, etc. Are these the suites, or are they something different?</p>

<p>Does anyone know which room numbers have views toward the campus (Denny Chimes)? Which room numbers are away from the common meeting areas, in hope of getting something that is a little quieter?</p>

<p>Lastly, if Tutwiler is full, what dorm is the second choice for most girls that want to go through rush? I’m sorry for so many questions…I’ve been unsuccessful in locating any information on all of this. Thanks for any information and helpful insight!</p>

<p>I don’t live in tut but I can tell you that parham is very close to sorority row and it has suites. They are 4 girls with one bathroom and 2 girls per bedroom which attach in the living room. I’m in an honors suite on the north part of campus and there are still a lot of sorority girls in these dorms (lakeside, riverside, Ridgecrest) they are single bedroom double bathroom four person suites. Way further from the sorority houses than tut and parham of course</p>

<p>My daughter lived in Tut last year. Her room was 315. It did not have a view of campus but looked out onto the parking lot in back. Since it is an odd number I would think the even numbered rooms might have a view of campus?
He room was at the end of the hall…far away from the common room and next to the stairs and almost across from the bathroom…all things she liked alot! She especially liked being close to the bathroom.<br>
I’m not aware of suites but I did go in the RA’s room and it was HUGE…maybe that’s what they were referring to?
My DD LOVED Tut because it was so close to sorority row…since she was Greek and spent a substantial amount of time at her sorority it was important to her to be close.
You should know though that as mentioned above there are q good number of girls who live in across campus (Lakeside, Ridgecrest, Riverside) …she said they just have to plan their time at the sorority house better.
I asked about living in Parham and she to avoid it if you can…</p>

<p>Hi and welcome!</p>

<p>Is this what you’re talking about?</p>

<p>Bulletin board on entry door, 28" x 36" (Except in rooms ending in -45)</p>

<p>I wonder if those are RA rooms? If so, I wonder why they wouldn’t have a “note board”…perhaps they have something different?</p>

<p>Thanks for the greeting! The option that it’s an RA room is a good idea. I truly don’t know. What caught my attention is the furniture in these rooms is freestanding, which means these rooms are larger, I guess.</p>

<p>My daughter made her final decision as to where to attend very recently; therefore, we are in one of the last groups to sign up for housing. She is paired with someone who has a selection time during the second day of housing assignments. Hopefully, her roommate will be able to pull her in with her proxy code.</p>

<p>Here is a scenario that I’ve been wondering about: what happens if my daughter’s roommate decides to switch schools at the last minute? (I think this is a slight possibility.) Would the room still remain with my daughter, or would it be released since she was assigned by proxy?</p>

<p>bamabound2012, The room once assigned to your daughter is hers, it doesn’t matter if she was pulled in by a suite mate or not. However, since someone now has your proxy code, that person could make changes to your housing assignment. Immediately after getting a housing assignment, have your daughter log into mybama, view her housing selection and then change proxy codes. This is just an extra precaution.</p>

<p>Tanks for the heads up, robotbldmom. I didn’t think about that. If her suite mate decides to leave, will the university assign someone to that spot if she doesn’t, in turn, put in a proxy code for someone to share the room with her? I assume that each bed will be filled in Tutwiler.</p>

<p>ahpimommy, did your daughter elaborate on why Parham should be avoided? Is it totally gross?</p>

<p>My daughter has been accepted into honors, but she didn’t make her decision to go to Bama until after the honors housing dates had come and gone. Her roommate is not in honors, so that’s one of the reasons this is the path we are on. She decided she wants the “freshman rite of passage” in Tutwiler, which is fine…it’s her decision. I’m just trying to be informed and realistic since we started so late in all of this.</p>

<p>sorry for the late answer…traveling today :). She said she really didn’t want me to elaborate on here …you can pm me if you want. My daughter said she LOVED Tut and she too desired the traditional dorm setting because she thought it was more like college. She also loved the fact that most of the girls were Greek…she said it was so much fun and one big happy family!</p>