Two Questions

<p>Hey! I have two questions and if anyone could help me I would appreciate it so so much. </p>

<p>1) How do you make a MyUM account? I tried but it didn't let me log in...and I'm pretty positive I typed the login and password correctly.</p>

<p>2) Is it possible to get rejected from University of Florida but get into University of Miami?</p>

<p>aubrey-Why don't you try selecting the "first time using Cane ID" option and then the "I do not have an Easy Pin or have forgotten it." It will then ask for your Cane ID or SS# and birthdate. Maybe that will work.</p>

<p>Yes, I'm sure there are kids who get into Umiami and not UF and vice versa. Good luck, the wait won't be too much longer.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>That happened to me once, but when i was still doing my online application. I solved it by making a new account and redo the app :) But you could try their FAQs or call them?</p></li>
<li><p>Of course it's possible. Anything is possible. I read on CC today that someone used to get rejected from Emory and got into Harvard. And University of Florida is supposed to be more competitive and harder to get in than University of Miami anyway.. (I think)</p></li>
</ol>

<p>UM = 20,000 apllications for 2,000 spots</p>

<p>i would think its a little harder then UF even though UF is more selective</p>

<p>It's not quite 20,000 for 2000, rather 2000 is the enrolled students. Miami has a low yield rate, meaning they accept a lot more students, but because of poor financial aid they don't get a lot to enroll.</p>

<p>no, in the letter they said "approximately 2,000 freshman spots"</p>

<p>str8 from the letter</p>

<p>Yes, I got the same letter in my acceptance. But I think you're misinterpreting it. The 2000 spots is the 2000 spaces in the freshman class for next fall. Not the number of applications they can accept. They have to accept about 9000 of the students, to fill the 2000 spots, because of the low yield rate (20-25%). If they were to accept 2000 students out of 20000 applications, it would make them the most selective university in the world, and that's just not true.</p>

<p>They usually have 2000 spaces for the freshman class. This past fall over 2500 freshman enrolled, thus the housing shortage last fall.</p>

<p>poor financial aid? at Miami?</p>

<p>it seems like they give away a lot of big scholarships.</p>

<p>Yes, they have great "Merit aid". However, "Need based" financial aid is pretty poor, at least my package was. Only aroudn 45% of my need was filled. I appealed the decision however, we'll see how it goes.</p>