Two Questions

<p>ok, my first question is do i absolutely need two semesters of art to gain admission into a school like UCLA or Berk (despite doing exceptionally well academically)? also, my second question is regarding SAT II scores and their necessity for the UC’s when i’m gonna send my ACT score.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Yes, you need to fulfill the VPA requirement. Take a semester course at your local CC next semester- that will count for one year of VPA. It can be music appreciation, photography, ceramics, and many others. Check with admissions to see what they will accept. Yes, you need to send in two SAT II scores (and they don't take the Math I SAT II). These are not optional as they are at some colleges when using an ACT score. Good luck.</p>

<p>and speaking of taking courses outside of high school, like at a CC or a local university, i know they can be used to satisfy your a-g requirements, but do they count towards your uc gpa? or do only classes you take that are considered high school courses (the ones you take on your HS campus) count towards the gpa?</p>

<p>This I know since I talked to UC admissions about it: all A-G courses, including those taken at college, count in your UC GPA if taken before your senior year. If you take them the summer following junior year, you should list them under your Grade 11 courses.</p>

<p>so that applies to any sort of college/university or just CC classes? because i'm taking calculus at cal state fullerton, which is a direct-to-college class, meaning if they accept it, i don't have to take calc once in college.</p>

<p>i keep bringing this up because i'm afraid i might get a mediocre grade in the class and have it adversely affect my gpa senior year, which could lead me to getting rescinded from whatever UC i get accepted to. however if the grade doesn't count, then it's not as big a deal. speaking of that, do they weigh or unweigh your senior year grades?</p>