U Alabama Fellows Experience

<p>According to the website:</p>

<p>"Eligibility for the University Fellows Experience</p>

<p>A student with an ACT score of 32 or an SAT score of 1400 [critical reading and math scores only] and a high school GPA of 3.8 who is accepted into UA by the scholarship deadline of December 1 will be sent an application form for the University Fellows. "</p>

<p>[Academic</a> Elite Scholarships - Types of Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/elite.html]Academic”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/elite.html)</p>

<p>How exactly are you invited to this? And is that 3.8 UW or weighted?</p>

<p>Bama usually uses weighted, but you can call the UFE office and ask…very nice people.</p>

<p>After you apply to the school, if you have the stats, you will get sent an invite.</p>

<p>If you don’t get the invite, again, call the UFE office…they’ll get the invite to you.</p>

<p>Last year my daughter met the criteria and received a letter inviting her to apply. She also received a phone call later on from a student asking her if she had any questions. She did apply but wasn’t really sure if the program was for her. She was not accepted. I got the feeling that minimal stats typically were not good enough given the numbers in the applicant pool.</p>

<p>Actually, I know multiple Fellows who had the minimal stats and were selected, as well as many people who had outstanding stats and were rejected. Apply, and you never know what may happen. Stats are only part of what that program considers. There are several, somewhat more random elements in the selection.</p>

<p>View the required stats for Fellows much the same as the requirement that one must be entering their first year at UA. Higher stats are great, but you’ve already met the basic requirements and now other elements of your application will be considered.</p>

<p>Thanks all. I’m seriously considering Bama as OOS student to get out of California, because it’s so cheap with merit scholarships! That, and it actually has a hockey team :)</p>

<p>for UFE, once you’ve met the req’t in order to apply, your app/essay is what sets you apart. Your test scores don’t matter much to UFE at that point.</p>

<p>I do think test scores matter more for CBH. I heard that last year’s CBH applicants had amazing scores…don’t know what the avg was for those who enrolled.</p>