U. Colorado Class of 2027 Official Thread

Didn’t see a thread started. Anyone know when decisions start getting released?- Fall 2023

For this year’s Fall 2022 class, if you applied EA, in general those decisions came out on Jan 21, a Friday at the end of the day. My kid found out a little earlier, on Jan 15, but that was probably due to being on the shortlist for a substantial scholarship. If this year’s admissions follow last year’s, that’s what I would expect.

3 Likes

We applied over a month ago and out of nowhere today, got an email that they received our FAFSA. Anyone else get this?

Yea mine got that today too plus something about applying for scholarships

1 Like

Yes. Same here

I read that decisions have come out the 3rd Friday in January for the past couple of years. Yes, my son received the FAFSA email last week as well. I think that’s the only school on his list that emailed after it was complete.

Does anyone know if it’s harder to get into University of Denver or CU? I wonder why it takes so long for CU to decide.

2 Likes

Anyone know the impact of the head of admissions leaving CU a couple months ago and having a relatively new employee to the school filling in?

1 Like

Wish they would release soon. We would need to schedule a tour which involves a flight, taking off of work and hotel

1 Like

I saw somewhere it should be on the 20th.

2 Likes

So are we thinking this Friday for EA decisions?

3 Likes

Hoping at least.

My daughter called today. She accidentally applied regular decision to almost all her schools so she called them to check. They said “by Jan 31”

1 Like

The college and major are gone from my son’s application portal which I’m thinking is an ominous sign for him. Perhaps exploratory studies or a rejection. I guess we’ll wait and see.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a good sign that decisions are coming. Good luck to him!!

Same case with my Son’s application status too… Perhaps exploratory studies or rejection…

They both disappeared last year before decisions and it didn’t mean a rejection. My son’s are gone too so I’ve been checking the 2022 EA thread and that’s where I found that. They also experienced just before decisions, a disappearance of the 3 gold bars telling you you’ve completed all items, and an appearance of a “deferral” tab in the Start Term box. It doesn’t mean a deferral decision, apparently it’s to defer to a term other than Fall. Today is probably the day! So exciting.

1 Like

What time did they come out last year??

Random requirement popped up yesterday asking me to submit mid-year grades and after I submitted it just vanished, otherwise the portal looks normal… probably a rejection or deferral. :frowning:

Ugh mine hasn’t even hit the mid year point at her school

1 Like