U of A Campus, Town, Etc, Help?

I am a sophomore in high school and I really want a goal school, and I am wondering if the U of A campus is nice, how the town is, and just general info about it, please help!

Hi,
I just visited this week. I really like campus (more than ASU or NAU) because it is very condensed, if that makes sense. The campus isn’t sprawling. All the brick buildings surrounding the mall make up most of campus. Lots of palm trees, orange trees, cactus, and some grass. For Tucson, it is very green. It is HOT though. Cannot emphasize that enough. Tucson is pretty cool if you are coming from a small town–it isn’t a bustling city though. Take the You Visit Virtual tour (just google it). I live in AZ and I really liked UA

I live in Tucson and have been to the UA many times. The campus is honestly really beautiful and the dorms are amazing, too, depending on which one you decide on (the honors dorm, Arbol, is considered the nicest and it was just newly renovated, too! I visited my friend who lives in this dorm earlier this school year and the location and furniture are really nice). Everything on campus is easy to commute to (in walking distance). There are a lot of people who bike, too. One of the coolest features they offer is that they have a car/taxi system that’ll give you a free ride 20 miles from campus. As the person above mentioned, the campus has a lot of tall-ish buildings that surround you (I really like this). There are so many clubs to choose from, and judging from my friends who go there, you will never get bored here and there is always something going on.

Tucson has a very special place in my heart. I love the scenery (the cacti and mesquite trees) and there are so many places to hike! You can go to the east side to Sabino Canyon or north-ish where “A. Mountain” is to hike (there are a lot more mountains that I’m forgetting haha). If you’re craving snow, you can go to Mt. Lemmon or Vail during winter! And the weather… if you’re not really used to the heat, you’ll find it a bit uncomfortable during the summer (normally is in the 100s), but you really get used after a while. It’s getting quite hot here in Tucson (70s-80s) even though it’s February. Two very nice (and affluent) close-by cities/towns are Oro Valley and Marana.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I hope this was helpful.

The UofA is a great college town!! Like many big college cities, there are nice areas and then there are areas that are a bit run-down. The most remarkable thing about the UofA campus is how friendly everyone is; never met anyone who was not helpful nor unfriendly. Many dorms on Highland Avenue are spiffy and newer. Also, the Honors dorm, Arbol de la Vida, is quite nice. Another nice feature about the Univ. of Arizona are the sports on campus and of course, the famous ZonaZoo. This makes it such a unique college experience being a part of the ZZ! Overall, I can give the UofA experience 2 thumbs up!