U of A vs. UC Davis

<p>Hello everyone! I’m a high school senior and I’m currently deciding between UCD and U of A. I’m having a hard time picking between the two and I was wondering if anyone could point out something that would make my decision a bit easier!</p>

<p>UCD:
I’m in the Environmental Science and Management major.
I live in California, so travel would be much easier. I live about an hour by car away from campus.
I like the campus and the people, and the atmosphere. The weather is very similar to my hometown.
I’m conflicted with the small town arizonaof Davis, I feel as if I’m going to be very bored.</p>

<p>U of A:
I’m in the Honors College and have a 48000 dollar scholarship for the 4 years, making this school a very strong candidate.
I’m in the College of Sciences under Biology.
I adore the campus and the people, and I love the desert weather.
Travel will be expensive, plane tickets.
Its not as a great of a school as a UC.</p>

<p>Anything else that I should take into consideration? I’m very appreciative of your time and help! Thanks.</p>

<p>Couple of things to consider I have a son at UA, It’s a great school equal of any UC outside Cal and UCLA, huge numbers of Cal students come to UA because you can graduate in 4 years no problem, that seems to be one issue why many cal students come to Tucson. Fin Aid is key and you go the max, it may be much cheaper than a Cal school if you can graduate in 4 years I hear 5 or 6 year programs are common in Cal, doesnt happen at UA. If you love sports its big at UA, if you want Greek life, its big at UA, you may even find you dont want to go home as much, so saving on air, but also Tucson/Cal flights are quite good value. Off campus housing is cheap, but try to use the dorms freshman year. Biology is great and lots of Pre-med students with the med school on campus. All in all great school, I cant add anything to Davis , sorry. Good luck</p>

<p>UofA is a great school - as stated above it might not be ranked as high as UCLA or Cal, but is on par with academics with them in my opinion. I am a student and I love it here. I was deciding between schools in CA or here as well, and I am so happy with my choice, I can’t even imagine being anywhere else. Hope you make the right decision! Bear Down</p>