U of C or Dartmouth

<p>So I am choosing between these two schools. I would really like to know what you guys think. I would especially appreciate hearing from current students, particularly minority students to address some of my concerns + questions. I have to admit first that I am leaning more towards Dartmouth, but frankly my reasons for doing so are less based on things I like about the school and more based upon the fact that it is an Ivy League and I <strong>think</strong> it is more prestigious--though if you know otherwise PLEASE comment. If you think prestige doesn't matter than....well...lol...not much you change here.</p>

<p>I really want to objectively determine which would give me a more distinct advantage in a business career and which would be the best social fit for me, as a minority female. There is no need to describe the beauty of the wilderness/the picteresque town of hanover or the harry potter-esque dorms and architecture at U of C. No offense, but I really don't care about this...lol...I've already been on too many tours to count. My questions relate specifically to the career opportunities and the social life at the two universities. </p>

<p>I actually don't have too many concerns about the social life at U of C. I don't really buy the "where fun comes to die" stuff, but I really do have concerns about Dartmouth....I am not big on the partying, drinking + 60% sorority/ fraternity involvement...but would be willing to go there if it would truly provide me w/ any career advantage.</p>

<p>U of C
-Name recognition beyond the Midwest?
-Chicago Careers in Business Program + Booth?
-Is grade inflation real here, does it significantly decrease top grad school prospects?
-How many students end up in HBS, Columbia Business School, or Wharton?
-How many students have summer internships at major firms?
-Is there decent recruitment here from major firms (consulting or ibanking)?</p>

<p>Dartmouth
-Does being an Ivy League make it more prestigious that U of C ( a school ranked slighly higher by USNWR?
-Name recognition beyond the east coast?
-I have a feeling that less students go to grad school right after college here than U of C? Is that accurate?
-Is there really great recruitment + top job placement here for all students or does it sometimes seem limited to certain groups of people (i.e. greek affiliated students or non-minority students)?
-Is the high placement in top jobs due to participation in certain frats/sororities?
-Can the the D-Plan and the sophmore summer actually be non-conducive to having the best internships?
-Are there any groups that regularly do roadtrips to actually leave the area to major cities?</p>

<p>---And Honestly, what is the social life like for black females? Is it realistic for me to think I can tap into the alumni network? Are black females the majority of the african-americans on campus? Would most students say they "self-segregate" at Cutter? Do the vast majority of black female students live in cutter-shabazz? Minority faculty? Some form of a class shopping period to get a feel for professors?</p>