U of maryland (CP) scholars or Geneseo?

<p>I got into both University of maryland College Park (scholars program) and geneseo. I was thinking of majoring in finance, but now I am not sure. Which is a better choice in terms of being getting a better education, doing really well in, and being accepted into a prestigious graduate school?</p>

<p>Difficult to necessarily compare the two. College Park's undergraduate and graduate Business programs are highly ranked. Most of Geneseo's programs are very strong including the Business program. </p>

<p>I think if you do well at either school you would get into a great graduate school. But Geneseo just offers something different. If they could package it and sell it they would make a ton of money. </p>

<p>I know so much focus on this site is about if I go to a prestigious undergrad will I be accepted to a prestigous graduate school. Believe me that is important. Geneseo undergrad, NYU grad here.</p>

<p>But most of you who were admitted to Geneseo, which is a prestigious undergraduate school and well known in the world of academia will also be admitted to other prestigious schools. </p>

<p>I would recommend that you figure out where you would feel most comfortable. </p>

<p>I wanted a true LAC undergraduate education, small school, beautiful campus, personal attention from my professors, bright students, things to do and wanted to be HAPPY. </p>

<p>Some of the most prestigious schools even within SUNY have really bad reputations when it comes to how happy and content their students are with being there.</p>

<p>Students really love Geneseo - so besides the academics which are strong it is a good place to spend 4 years of your life. That also has to count for something.</p>

<p>wow this is really funny... I'm in the same exact position except I'm from Maryland. Have you visited UMD?</p>

<p>Don't be put off by UMD's size. The beautiful thing is that you can be anonymous or not....it's your choice. There've been a few classes at UMD where D just blended in with the rest of the class.....got A's in the class, but made no effort to "stand out". In her major, and in the classes that she has really felt passionate about, all of her professors knew/know her by name. From the first day she was on campus and recognized someone from a summer camp, it has always been a small world. When she was making her decision, shw had an early admit to Williams on the table as well. She's never, ever regretted her decision to go to UMD, and has already had some experiences that</p>

<p>2nd D will be in the scholars program in the fall....from the people I've talked to, it's a tight-knit community with people who share your same interests and similar study habits, and you feel part of the group from day #1.</p>

<p>One signifiacnt difference between UMaryland and Geneseo is crime. UMaryland has a significant crime problem . Just this week students were victims in separate incidents involving a stabbing and a robbery. The stabbing was committed by an employee of the university and the victim was a student. Check out the school newspaper for more details.</p>