U of Richmond Program for Potential Minority Applicants?

Hello! I heard somewhere that Richmond has a program (a special weekend to visit, or something else?)—for minority applicants to learn more about Richmond. Is anyone familiar with what this is? I’d love for my daughter to participate, but I can’t remember the name of the program. Thank you!

So I don’t know the answer - but - make sure you set your student up with a college only email address - and then start getting on the info lists of each college you have interest. We started with over 100.

You’ll be asked this question -

Which of the following, if any, do you consider yourself to be?

American Indian or Alaska Native

Asian

Black or African American

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific

White

That will, i’m sure, potentially get you access to info or programs that might be out there. But I think what you’re thinking of, fly ins, are often for kids with need or who don’t have social/financial access. But you could always contact admissions and ask about any programs as well.

Here is Richmond’s link - but please set your student up a separate email and use it when you sign up for college lists - but for nothing social, etc. This will help you manage college emails - they’ll all be in one place.

Good luck.

Join Our Contact List, Undergraduate Admission, University of Richmond

1 Like

It is called Access Richmond, on the link for the open house
https://admissions.richmond.edu/visit/open-houses.html

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like