U of Wisconsin Madison vs. U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

<p>I was accepted to both the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I want to major in biology and follow a pre-medical curriculum. Which of these colleges is best?</p>

<p>same boat here… I have to decide b/t the two for nuclear engineering.
Of the people I’ve talked to so far, most of them recommend UIUC over U. Wisc because the area, ranking, environment, and open opportunities, etc. But I don’t know the specifics for bio and pre-med so yea… wish you the best!</p>

<p>Interesting…of the people I’ve talked to, they have said the opposite (for the same reasons). Then again, I don’t know much about nuclear engineering–though UIUC definitely has a world renowned engineering program.</p>

<p>Anyone picking UIUC over UW for the location, environment, overall school life etc is in the minority. Many Illinois residents choose UW over UIUC despite the extra cost. UW biosciences are well ahead of UIUC while for nuclear eng UW is also better although UIUC overall for engineering is a bit better. But they are close and you can choose for other reasons.</p>