U Richmond Wait List

Has anyone heard any updates on the Richmond wait list? Anyone gotten in off the wait list yet? TIA.

Are you full pay? One thing we learned after my D23 was waitlisted: wait list is no longer need-blind. We’ve set our expectations accordingly.

Not to be a downer - and you can reach out and contact them and all that - but the last two years they admitted 0 (last) and 9 (year prior).

Last year, as an example, 3903 were offered a spot (with none admitted). Only 851 students enrolled and they offered almost 5 times that many a spot on the WL.

So reach out, work your AO, etc. but fall in love with where you deposited. It’s likely where you’ll be.

A WL is a rejection but a hedge for them in case they fall short. That’s why they offer so many WL spots - last year only 654 accepted a spot. To offer more WL spots (3903) than admissions (3501) is unfair to the students and sets up a false hope.

Best of luck - I hope it works out for you but you’d be much better off pointing your love toward #2 - who is the one that loved you to begin with.

We are, but from the other messages seems like pretty much a no go! :frowning: TX.

Got it. Not his first choice anyway, but I like it!!! :slight_smile:

You never know - my D23 got off the Villanova wait list 2 days ago. Last year’s rate was pretty low. Unaffordable for us in the end. I suspect more schools will have trouble figuring yield this year.

1 Like

Congrats~!! DS was hoping he would get in there but not even WL. :frowning:

Anyone heard anything yet?

Anyone?? Anything?

1 Like