U. Vermont Class of 2027 Official Thread

Political Science

My son just received an email congratulating him on the “Innovate the future scholarship”. He was already offered the presidential merit scholarship - which I am clear on. But what is the "innovate the futures scholarship? I cant seem to find any info! Thanks!

1 Like

My son got offered the same! I’m not really sure what it is. We received an additional email today from the admissions office congratulating him specifically on the Innovate the future scholarship, and it seems to imply that because he wants to study business, that makes him a potential future innovator (??). That’s all I can tell so far.

Yes - my son is a business major as well, but there is little information online about this Innovate The future Scholarship. I just wrote the admissions counselor and will report back.

1 Like

3.9 GPA, 1430 SAT, 9 APs, OOS, some ECs
Arts & Sciences

1 Like

Hello! Does anyone know what the Catamount Advance Program is?

Quick question: We went to UVM admitted students tour yesterday (Friday) and the campus seemed very lively. Today we decided to walk around campus and it seemed lonely. Not many students walking around. Is this common??? Do many students go back home during the weekend?
Thanks!

It’s still ski season believe it or not, and I think a lot of kiddos get up bright and early on weekends to get as much as possible out of their season passes before the weather shifts. And if it was a lively Friday evening, many probably slept in

Definitely head down to Church St. for a coffee and some people watching—you’ll see lots of students hanging out down there!

4 Likes

Hi Everyone!
We are from the Bay Area in CA. My daughter was accepted to the Nursing Program at UVM for Fall of 2023. Whoohooo! She has a couple of concerns. I was hoping y’all might be able to help us.

1. She really wants to study abroad for a semester and does not know if she can do this while in the nursing program. Some nursing programs allow for this during the first semester of sophomore year. Others do not.
  2. She is a little worried about it being so far away-- two plane rides. Are there any other Cali students heading to UVM? Any advice?
  3. She is also a little worried about the weather and how it might impact social engagement during the coldest months.
    If anyone has some guidance on any of these topics, we would be most appreciative.
1 Like