enrolled.</p>

<p>“Freshman compass courses for the fall term include: AS 101, BCE 101, COM
100, GBA 145, ENGR 111, HES 100 and NUR 102. The details and deadlines
for completing these eLearning modules are posted on the eLearning
homepage for UA 100. It is important that you read the instructions for
completing the modules before you begin completing them. There is no
course fee for UA 100: Healthy Bama and the course will not appear on
your official transcript.”</p>

<p>HUH? This just sprung up in an email. How much time does this take to do these modules? Why is this not talked about in the course catalog (or is it?)? It just appeared on son’s course list with no apparent notice (other than the email today).</p>

<p>Same here. Don’t know what it is yet.</p>

<p>D had this course embedded in her ENGR 111 course. It didn’t take a lot of time, didn’t cost anything extra, and is embedded in one of the listed courses.</p>

<p>what is it and why? Is it UA’s PE/health requirement?</p>

<p>This was likely something mentioned in the syllabi for freshman compass courses. As they compass courses are only 1 credit, any online requirement such as healthy living course shouldn’t be that much of a time commitment. </p>

<p>UA does not have a health/PE requirement. There are many Healthy Living type-initiatives, especially for UA employees, but those are entirely optional, as are some of the freshman compass courses.</p>

<p>Just throwing this out there… The pretests and the post tests are the same. So I took the pretests, looked at my answers that I got wrong and what the right ones were, and then went right to the post test. Skipped all the reading because it was pretty much a waste of my time. Finished the entire course in about an hour. Good luck!</p>